Region 5 - Alliance Annual Report - January 01, 2012
ANNUAL REGIONAL ALLIANCE REPORT
Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC)
Eau Claire, WI
- Alliance Background Date Signed:
October 4, 2006
November 16, 2009
The purpose of the alliance is to establish a collaborative relationship to support workplace safety and reduce hazards and associated losses. This Alliance targets staff, students, outside employers, and members of our community with information, guidance, and access to training and related resources that will help promote and improve employee health and safety.
Implementation Team Members:
- Mary Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist
- Steven Senor, CVTC, Occupational Safety and Health Instructor
- Implementation Team Meetings
Meeting(s) were held with Team Members:
- November 9, 2010 to November 15, 2011
- CVTC instructional staff tailored a hands-on-course for the Eau Claire OSHA Compliance Officers for welding.
- OSHA presented for regularly scheduled CVTC courses:
- Supervisor Risk Management Course
- Wood Technics in River Falls and Eau Claire
- CVTC is beginning programs and projects to provide safety training for farmers and farm workers, including Hispanic workers.
- CVTC and OSHA coordinate and participate in local organizations and groups.
- Dunn County LEP (Local Emergency Planning)
- WWSC (Western Wisconsin Safety Council)
- We had several conferences, emails and planning calls with the Chippewa Valley Homebuilders for the Lead and asbestos training along with other safety training.
- OSHA used CVTC’s facility for unique outreach opportunities at no cost.
- OSHA personnel received an excellent training opportunity at no cost.
- OSHA participated in the CVTC sponsored courses such as OSHA 10 and 30 hour courses without managing the logistics.
- OSHA and CVTC have developed a broader network for future projects.
Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
Number of Individuals
Reached or Trained
OSHA: Attended Power Line Worker Seminars
OSHA Presented Seminar on Accident Investigation
CVTC Gave Hands on Training to CSHOS: Welding
OSHA presented at Supervisor Management Class
CVTC participated in Roundtable Discussion for Farm Safety
OSHA presented “Farm Safety” for tech school instructors and at various agricultural classes.
CVTC & OSHA Supports Dunn County Local Emergency Planning Commission: 2 Mtgs/Year
OSHA Presented at Woodtechnics (Residental Construction) Classes
CVTC/OSHA and the Chippewa Valley Homebuilders Association work together to sponsor Lead Renovator certification.
OSHA presented the OSHA portion of the OSHA -10 Hour class at the Youth Manufacturing summer course.
- Upcoming Milestones
- CVTC will have a new member of the implementation team for the next reporting year.
Report Prepared by: Mary M. Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist.
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to www.osha.gov.