Region 5 - Alliance Annual Report - November 1, 2013
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (WITC)
Shell Lake, WI
- Alliance Background
November 28, 2012
The purpose of the alliance is to establish a collaborative relationship to support workplace safety and reduce hazards and associated losses. This Alliance targets staff, students, outside employers, and members of our community with information, guidance, and access to training and related resources that will help promote and improve employee health and safety.
Implementation Team Members
- Mary Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist
- Mary Hansen - WITC Human Resource Specialist, Safety and Security
- Cher Vink - WITC Associate VP, HR & Employee Relations
- Steve Decker - WITC Associate VP, Financial & Business Services/CFO
- Todd Larson - WITC Safety Training Specialist
- Implementation Team Meetings
Meeting(s) were held with Team Members:
Numerous phone calls and emails were exchanged to coordinate events and discuss future projects.
- November 1, 2012 to November 1, 2013
- OSHA assisted in an OSHA 30 class.
- OSHA CAS assisted Safety Training Specialist with interpretations of the OSHA standards.
- OSHA CAS attended the WITC Safety and Security committee meetings and presented the GHS requirements to the group.
- OSHA CAS promoted the Fall Hazard Awareness campaign for construction projects during safety meetings at the Ashland and Superior campuses.
- Conducted "Safety Day" with OSHA coordinating the subject matter and WITC coordinating the marketing and logistics of hosting the event in New Richmond, WI in which over 85 people attended.
- WITC and OSHA had booths at Wisconsin Farm Technology Days to promote safety awareness on the farm and training opportunities available through WITC.
- OSHA used WITC's facility for unique outreach opportunities at no cost.
- OSHA and WITC have developed a broader network for future projects.
Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.) Number of Individuals Reached or Trained WITC 4th Annual Safety Day-New Richmond, WI 85 OSHA - 30 Course 9 WITC Safety and Security Committee Meeting 16 Ashland Fall Protection Presentation 16 Superior Fall Protection Presentation 11 WITC Safety and Security Committee Meeting 11 WITC and OSHA had booths at Wisconsin Farm Technology Days to promote safety awareness on the farm and training
opportunities available through WITC.
5000 TOTAL 5148
- Upcoming Milestones
- OSHA and WITC will work together for a stronger safety presence in the Farm Business and Production Management courses to provide safety training for farmers and farm workers, including Hispanic workers.
- OSHA CAS and WITC Safety Training Specialist will present a half day seminar on Hazard Recognition in Superior, WI on December 12, 2013.
- Safety Day in Rice Lake, WI on April 8, 2014. Three Tracks including Arc Flash/Electrical, Administrative-Safety Management, and Best Practices.
Report Prepared by: Mary M. Bauer, Eau Claire OSHA, Compliance Assistance Specialist
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA's website.