Region 4 - Alliance Annual Report - June 26, 2015
U.S. Department of Labor
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Atlanta Regional Office
61 Forsyth Street, S.W., Room 6T50
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
(678) 237-0443; Fax (678) 237-0447
OSHA, Consul General of El Salvador in Atlanta Alliance
Region IV Alliance Annual Report
June 26, 2015
- Alliance Background
April 10, 2013
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Consul General of El Salvador in Atlanta formed an Alliance to provide El Salvadoran workers throughout the southeast with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees’ health and safety and allow them to exercise their rights fully.
- Implementation Team Membership and Contributors:
Representatives from OSHA communicated with Alliance members from the El Salvadoran Consulate during the following time periods: January 16, 2015; and April 1, 2015.
April 11, 2014, through April 10, 2015
- Events and Products
Training and Education
Outreach and Communication
- On January 16, 2015, the compliance assistance specialist (CAS) from the OSHA Atlanta-West Area Office supported an outreach event conducted by the Consulate General of El Salvador in Atlanta, GA. The CAS also explained worker’s safety and health rights in the United States. Approximately 200 member of the El Salvadoran community living in metro Atlanta, GA, were in attendance at the event. The following OSHA outreach material, printed in Spanish, was distributed to participants:
- Workers’ Rights Card
- OSHA We Can Help Brochure
- OSHA Heat Illness Prevention Campaign Material
- OSHA Fall Prevention Campaign Material
- On April 1, 2015, the CAS from the OSHA Atlanta-West Area Office coordinated with the Consulate General of El Salvador in Atlanta, GA, regarding the renewal of the Alliance.
- During this period, the CAS from the OSHA Atlanta-West Area Office effectively promoted OSHA’s outreach to the Hispanic community through the following media outlets:
- Hispanic radio show, Radio Informacion 1310 AM (1/16/2015; 2/6/2015; and 3/20/2015)
- La Vision Newspaper (3/6/2015)
- Hispanic radio show, Marcelo Godoy al Aire (3/24/2015)
- Refer to the events list above
- Upcoming Milestones in FY 2014 - 2015
- Renew the Regional Alliance between OSHA Region IV and the Consulate General of El Salvador in Atlanta.
- Continue to support the safety and health outreach events scheduled for the 2015 Labor Week and Occupational health Week.
- Support mobile consulate event conducted throughout Region IV by the Consulate General of El Salvador in Atlanta.
Report prepared by: Tom Bosley, Region IV Alliance Coordinator
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to www.osha.gov.