Region 4 - Alliance Annual Report - March 6, 2015
U.S. Department of Labor
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Atlanta Regional Office
61 Forsyth Street, S.W., Room 6T50
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
(404) 562-2300; Fax (404) 562-2295
OSHA, Consul General of Guatemala in Atlanta
Region IV Alliance Annual Report
March 6, 2015
- Alliance Background
October 23, 2012
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Consul General of Guatemala in Atlanta formed an Alliance to provide Guatemalan workers throughout the southeast with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees’ health and safety and allow them to exercise their rights fully.
- Implementation Team Membership and Contributors:
Representatives from OSHA communicated with Alliance members from the Consul of Guatemala and staff during the following time periods: April 15, 2014; May 2, 2014; and October 7, 2014.
October 23, 2013, through October 23, 2014
- Events and Products
Training and Education
Outreach and Communication
- During April 2014, the Compliance Assistance Specialist (CAS) from the OSHA Atlanta-West Area Office coordinated with local Hispanic Consulates (including the Consulate of Guatemala), as well as MUST Ministries, in preparation for the poultry outreach initiative in Gainesville, Georgia.
- During May 2014, the CAS from the OSHA Atlanta-West Area Office visited the Mexican Consulate and the Guatemalan Consulate to further discuss the poultry outreach initiative in Gainesville. Additionally, the CAS met with representatives of the U.S. Department of Labor - Wage & Hour Division, as well as several other government agencies.
- During this period, the CAS from the OSHA Atlanta-West Area Office distributed the following OSHA outreach material (in Spanish) to the Guatemalan Consulate:
- OSHA poster
- Falls Prevention campaign illustrated fact sheets, posters and outreach wallet cards
- Heat Illnesses Prevention campaign illustrated fact sheets, posters, outreach wallet cards, OSHA’s heat safety tool smartphone app fact sheet, and the heat stress quick card
- Trenching and Excavation Safety and Trench Rescue DVD
- Refer to the events list above
- Upcoming Milestones in FY 2014 - 2015
- Renew the Alliance with the Consulate General of Guatemala in Atlanta.
- Continue to promote workplace safety and health to the Hispanic community, in cooperation with the Consulate General of Guatemala in Atlanta.
- Support the safety and health outreach events scheduled for the 2015 Labor Week and Occupational health Week
Report prepared by: Tom Bosley, Region IV Alliance Coordinator
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to www.osha.gov.