Region 4 - Alliance Annual Report - July 10, 2013
U.S. Department of Labor
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Fort Lauderdale Area Office
1000 South Pine Island Road, Suite 100
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33324
(954) 424-0242; Fax (954) 424-3073
Safety Council of Palm Beach County, Inc. (SCPBC) Annual
July 10, 2013
- Alliance Background:
July 28, 2004
This Alliance was renewed on the Following dates: September 13, 2006; March 10, 2011; and March 14, 2013.
OSHA and the SCPBC have formed this alliance with an emphasis on reducing and preventing employee exposure to workplace hazards in the construction and general industries, by developing effective safety and health tools (i.e., fleet safety programs, work zone safety, as well as safety and health management systems).
Implementation Team Members
The implementation team consists of representatives from the OSHA Area Office in Fort Lauderdale, FL, and the Safety Council of Palm Beach County, Inc. (SCPBC).
May 31, 2012 through May 31, 2013
- Implementation Team Meetings
Meetings were conducted by the group on the following dates: September 11, 2012; December 4, 2012; and March 7, 2013.
- Events and Products
Raising Awareness of OSHA's Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiatives
Training and Education
During this period, the SCPBC Alliance group coordinated the following safety and health training courses and presentations for the Alliance members, as well as others:
- During this period the Alliance group, led by the SCPBC conducted a total of 49 classes addressing occupational safety and health requirements. These classes focused on the following topics:
- Forklift operator training
- Permit-required confined space
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and first aid
- Maintenance of Traffic (MOT)
- OSHA 10 hour
- During this period, the SCPBC Alliance group also partnered with the University of South Florida - OSHA Technical Institute (OTI) Education Center (Ed Center) to conduct the OSHA 501 and 511 courses.
Outreach and Communications
- During this period, the Alliance group assisted in the distribution of safety and health outreach materials including the OSHA Heat Illness Prevention Campaign materials, and the OSHA Falls Prevention materials
- Refer to the information provided above
- Upcoming Milestones
The Alliance group will continue to promote occupational safety and health in the Palm Beach, St. Lucie and Indian River counties.
The Alliance group will continue to promote safety and health management systems.
The Alliance group will continue to provide training to workers focused on the safe operation of forklifts, lockout/tagout, as well as other prevalent hazards in the construction and general industries.
Report prepared by Vergie Y. Bain, Compliance Assistance Specialist.
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA's website.