Region 4 - Alliance Annual Report - August 9, 2008
ALLIANCE ANNUAL REPORT
ELECTRIC POWER ASSOCIATIONS OF MISSISSIPPI
August 9, 2008
U.S. Department of Labor
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Jackson Area Office
3780 I-55 North, Suite 210
Jackson, MS 39211-6323
(601) 965-4606; Fax (601) 965-4610
- Alliance Background
Originally signed May 23, 2003
Renewed June 27, 2005
Overview: Alliance focused on establishing a collaborative relationship between OSHA and Electric Power Associations of Mississippi, which will reduce and prevent employee exposure to electrical transmission and distribution equipment hazards.
Implementation Team Membership:
Representatives from OSHA and Electric Power Associations of Mississippi
Contributors: Same as above
Evaluation Period: August 4, 2007, through August 5, 2008
- Implementation Team Meetings:
Meeting held on a quarterly basis – 8/9/07, 9/19/07, 1/17/08, 4/08/08
- Events and Products
Training and Education
EventsProducts Outreach and Communication
Events Products Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health FY
- Electric Power Associations of Mississippi presents monthly safety programs for all members.
- East Mississippi Community College Apprentice Electric Lineman School College.
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Apprentice Electric Lineman School.
- Electric Power Associations of Mississippi sponsored Basic Lineman School.
- Electric Power Associations of Mississippi sponsored Advance Lineman School.
- Articles were posted in the Today in Mississippi official publication of the Electric Power Associations of Mississippi, which focused on safety and health.
- The OSHA Jackson Area Office CAS conducted safety and health presentations for association members, focused on the electrical industry.
- Members of the Alliance shared information on best practices.
- OSHA attended and participated in Annual Safety Coordinators Conference.
- OSHA participated in the Arboriculture Seminar.
- OSHA participates in the Electric Utility Advisory Board, which oversees the new Electrical Utility Technology program at Pearl River Community College (PRCC).
- New alliance signed with Pearl River Community College, focused on the prevention of safety and health hazards in the electrical transmission and distribution industry.
- Representatives promote their good working relationship with OSHA at national safety coordinators meetings.
- OSHA participated in the Full Time Safety Coordinator Round Table Meeting.
- Refer to the events above.
- Upcoming Milestones in FY 2009
- Continued participation in the EPA-MS Alliance and the Pearl River Community College Alliance, which focused on the prevention of safety and health hazards in the electrical transmission and distribution industry.
- Participation in the 2009 Arboriculture Seminar.
Attend Lineman’s Rodeo.