Reg 4 - Alliance Renewal Agreement - March 14, 2013
AGREEMENT RENEWING AN ALLIANCE
THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
FORT LAUDERDALE AREA OFFICE
THE SAFETY COUNCIL OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, INC.
The U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Ft. Lauderdale and the Safety Council of Palm Beach County (SCPBC) continue to recognize the value of maintaining a collaborative relationship to foster safer and more healthful American workplaces. To that end, OSHA and the SCPBC hereby renew the Alliance signed July 28, 2004 and renewed March 10, 2011, with a continued emphasis reducing and preventing employee exposure to workplace hazards in the construction and general industries, by developing effective safety and health tools (i.e., fleet safety programs, work zone safety, as well as safety and health management systems). Both organizations are committed to providing the SCPBC members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect the health and safety of workers and understand the rights of workers and the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act). In renewing this Alliance, OSHA and the SCPBC recognize that OSHA's State Plan and On-site Consultation Project partners are an integral part of the OSHA national effort.
Raising Awareness of OSHA's Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiatives
The Participants intend to work together to achieve the following goal related to raising awareness of OSHA's rulemaking and enforcement initiatives:
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions or stakeholder meetings on fleet safety management issues to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace or to provide input on safety and health issues.
Training and Education
The Participants intend to work together to achieve the following training and education goals:
- To develop effective training and education programs for employees and employers in the construction and general industries regarding fleet safety programs, work zone safety, as well as safety and health management systems, and to communicate such information to constituent employers and workers.
- To deliver or arrange for the delivery of fleet safety, work zone safety and other training courses.
Outreach and Communication
The Participants intend to work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- To develop information on the recognition and prevention of workplace hazards, and to develop ways of communicating such information (e.g., print and electronic media, electronic assistance tools, and OSHA's and the SCPBC's Web sites) to employers and workers in the industry.
- To speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's or the SCPBC's educational awareness seminars, conferences, local meetings, and other SCPBC events.
OSHA's Alliances provide parties an opportunity to participate in a voluntary cooperative relationship with OSHA for purposes such as raising awareness of OSHA's rulemaking and enforcement initiatives, training and education, and outreach and communication. These Alliances have proved to be valuable tools for both OSHA and its Alliance participants. By entering into an Alliance with a party, OSHA is not endorsing or promoting, nor does it intend to endorse or promote, any of that party's products or services.
An implementation team made up of representatives of each organization will meet to develop a plan of action, determine working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants. In addition, they will meet at least three times per year to track and share information on activities and results in achieving the goals of the Alliance. OSHA team members will include representatives of the Ft. Lauderdale Area Office and any other appropriate offices.
This agreement will remain in effect for two-years. Either signatory may terminate it for any reason at any time, provided they give 30 days written notice. This agreement may be modified at any time with the written concurrence of both signatories.
On this 14th day of March, 2013.
Ft. Lauderdale Area Director
Occupational Safety and
Executive Vice President
Safety Council of Palm Beach County, Inc.
Board of Directors President
Safety Council of Palm Beach County, Inc.