Reg 4 - Alliance Annual Report - December 29, 2014
U.S. Department of Labor
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
JACKSONVILLE AREA OFFICE
1851 Executive Center Drive, Room 227
Jacksonville, FL 32207
(904) 232-2895; Fax (904) 232-1294
THE NORTHEAST FLORIDA SAFETY COUNCIL
ALLIANCE - ANNUAL ALLIANCE REPORT
December 29, 2014
June 26, 2003
July 14, 2005
April 9, 2013
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Northeast Florida Safety Council (NEFSC) formed the NEFSC Alliance to provide the Northeast Florida Safety Council members and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees’ health and safety focusing on work zone traffic safety and controls. This Alliance will also serve to educate Florida employers about the value added to business by voluntarily implementing an effective safety and health management system.
Implementation Team Members:
The implementation team consisted of representatives from the Northeast Florida Safety Council and the OSHA Area Office in Jacksonville, Florida.
This NEFSC Alliance milestone report covers the period November 1, 2013, through October 31, 2014.
During this period, per the requirement three meetings were conducted by representatives from the Northeast Florida Safety Council and the OSHA Jacksonville, FL, Area Office. The Alliance group conducted quarterly implementation team meetings by telephone, in person, and in conjunction with outreach events.
Events and Products
Training and Education
During this period, the Alliance group conducted numerous workplace safety and health courses focused on the following topics:
- Work zone safety
- OSHA recordkeeping requirements
- OSHA 10-hour safety and health construction course
- National Center for Construction Education Research (NCCER) safety and health training course
- Competent person (scaffolding safety and health training course)
- Competent person (trenching and excavating safety and health training course)
- OSHA 30-hour safety and health construction course
- OSHA 10-hour safety and health general industry
Outreach and Communications
During this period, the Alliance group worked cooperatively on the following outreach and communications related activities:
- Providing support to the North Florida – Field Federal Safety& Health Council (FFSHC)
- Distributing the Northeast Florida Safety Council (NEFSC) newsletter, as well as the OSHA Region IV newsletter to interested group members and others in North Florida
- Promoting OSHA’s Heat Illness and Fall Prevention Campaigns
Refer to information provided above.
Upcoming Milestones for FY 2015
- The NEFSC and OSHA will continue to effectively promote the new OSHA Recordkeeping Standards
- The NEFSC and OSHA will continue to effectively promote the OSHA’s Heat Illness and Fall Prevention Campaigns
- The Jacksonville OSHA Office and the NEFSC will continue to effectively promote workplace safety and health by using the organizations’ newsletters
Report Prepared by: Michelle Gonzalez, Assistant Area Director
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to www.osha.gov.