Region 4 - Alliance Annual Report - June 6, 2014
U.S. Department of Labor
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Atlanta Regional Office
61 Forsyth Street, S.W., Room 6T50
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
(678) 237-0443; Fax (678) 237-0447
OSHA, Consul General of El Salvador in Atlanta Alliance
Region IV Alliance Annual Report
June 6, 2014
April 10, 2013
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Consul General of El Salvador in Atlanta formed an Alliance to provide El Salvadoran workers throughout the southeast with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety and allow them to exercise their rights fully.
Implementation Team Members and Contributors
Representatives from OSHA communicated with Alliance members from the El Salvadoran Consulate during the following time periods: April 10, 2013; June 14, 2013; and July 1, 2013.
April 10, 2013, through April 10, 2014
Events and Products
Training and Education
- During this period, the compliance assistance specialist (CAS) provided staff members from Consulate General of El Salvador with safety and health complaint screening training. The training also focused on worker's rights under the OSH Act.
Outreach and Communication
- On June 14, 2013, the compliance assistance specialist (CAS) from the OSHA Atlanta-West Area Office supported an outreach event conducted by the Consulate General of El Salvador in Atlanta, GA. OSHA outreach material, printed in Spanish, was distributed to the group. The CAS also explained worker's safety and health rights in the United States. Approximately 100 member of the El Salvadoran community living in metro Atlanta, GA, were in attendance at the event.
- On July 1, 2013, the compliance assistance specialist (CAS) from the OSHA Atlanta-West Area Office attended the Consular and Trade event. During the event, the CAS met with the Consulate General of El Salvador in Atlanta, GA, and distributed a wide range of OSHA outreach material. Approximately 94 consular and trade officials, representing 75 countries attended the event.
- During this period, two articles highlighting the Alliance signing ceremony with El Salvador Consulate were feature in local Spanish language newspapers:
- Refer to the events listed above.
- Upcoming Milestones in FY 2014 - 2015
- Support the safety and health outreach events scheduled for the 2014 Labor Week and Occupational health Week.
- Support mobile consulate event conducted throughout Region IV by the Consulate General of El Salvador in Atlanta.
Report Prepared by: Tom Bosley, Region IV Alliance Coordinator