Reg 4 - Alliance Annual Report - June 19, 2012
U.S. Department of Labor
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Fort Lauderdale Area Office
8040 Peters Road, Suite H-100
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33324
(954) 424-0242; Fax (954) 424-3073
Safety Council of Palm Beach County, Inc. (SCPBC) Annual Status Report
June 19, 2012
- Alliance Background
July 28, 2004
September 13, 2006 and March 10, 2011
OSHA and the SCPBC renewed this alliance with a continued emphasis on reducing and preventing employee exposure to workplace hazards in the construction and general industries, by developing effective safety and health tools (i.e., fleet safety programs, work zone safety, as well as safety and health management systems).
Implementation Team Members
The implementation team consists of representatives from the OSHA Area Office in Fort Lauderdale, FL, and the Safety Council of Palm Beach County, Inc. (SCPBC).
July 29, 2010, through May 31, 2012
- Implementation Team Meetings
Meetings were conducted by the group on the following dates: June 6, 2012; October 18, 2011; and March 21, 2012.
- Events and Products
Raising Awareness of OSHA's Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiatives
Training and Education
During this period, members of the SCPBC coordinated the following safety and health training courses and presentations for the Alliance members, as well as others:
- On August 30, 2011, the safety council hosted an OSHA Day. OSHA conducted presentations on updates, how to develop JHA's; industrial hygiene issues, cranes, whistle blower and safety & health management systems.
- On May 24, 2012, the Alliance group, led by OSHA conducted a seminar on the OSHA inspections process for employers and employees.
- During this period the Alliance group, led by the SCPBC conducted a total of 30 classes addressing occupational safety and health requirements. These classes focused on the following topics:
- Forklift operator training
- Permit-required confined space
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and first aid
Outreach and Communications
- During this period, the Alliance group assisted in the distribution of safety and health outreach materials including the OSHA Heat Illness Prevention Campaign materials, the Region 4 Tool Box Review Booklets, and several OSHA Quick Cards.
- Refer to the information provided above
- Upcoming Milestones
- The Alliance group will continue to promote occupational safety and health in the Palm Beach, St. Lucie and Indian River counties.
- The Alliance group will continue to promote safety and health management systems.
- The Alliance group will continue to provide training for workers in safe operation of forklifts, lockout/tag out and other confined spaces.
Report Prepared by: Vergie Y. Bain, Compliance Assistance Specialist
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to www.osha.gov.