Reg 4 - Alliance Annual Report - December 20, 2010
U.S. Department of Labor
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Fort Lauderdale Area Office
8040 Peters Road, Suite H-100
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33324
(954) 424-0242; Fax (954) 424-3073
Safety Council of Palm Beach County, Inc. (SCPBC) Annual Status Report
December 20, 2010
- Alliance Background:
July 28, 2004
Renewed – September 13, 2006
July 28, 2009 – July 28, 2010
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Safety Council of Palm Beach County, Inc. (SCPBC) agreed to establish an Alliance to reduce motor vehicle and work zone traffic accidents by sharing information, guidance, and training resources.
- Implementation Team Members:
Meetings were conducted by the group on the following dates: July 21, 2009, and March 10, 2009.
- Events and Products
During this period, members of the SCPBC coordinated the following safety and health training courses for the Alliance group, as well as others:
- On July 21, 2009, the group Alliance conducted a course entitled, "Getting Back to Business after the Storm."
- On August 25, 2009, the Alliance group conducted a course entitled, "H1N1 Flu Prevention."
- On October 27, 2009, the Alliance group conducted a course entitled, "H1N1 Flu Prevention."
- On November 18, 2009, the Alliance group conducted a course focused on Safety and Health Systems.
- On December 8, 2009, the Alliance group conducted a course focused on Lawn Maintenance Safety
- On May 18, 2010, the Alliance group conducted a course focused on Warehouse Safety.
- During this period the Alliance group also conducted a total of 30 classes addressing occupational safety and health requirements, such as forklift operator training, permit-required confined space, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid.
Training and Education
- During this period, the Alliance group assisted in the distribution of safety and health outreach material such as the Region IV Photo CD, the Falls CD, the Tool Box Review Booklet, and several OSHA Quick Takes.
On March 11, 2010, an awards ceremony was conducted to recognize companies and organizations for their exceptional safety & health. Employers were also recognized for innovative safety and health programs.
- The City of Boca Raton’s Fuel Team was recognized for their proactive approach to emergency preparedness.
- The Weitz Company received an Excellence Award for Worker Safety.
- Training and outreach in the has helped to reduce the number of fatalities in South Florida
Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
Number of Individuals Reached or Trained
Machine Guarding Course
9 Forklift Operator
S & H Management Systems
14 CPR FA AED
OSHA 10 Hour
2 Heat Stress
- Upcoming Milestones
- The Alliance group will continue to promote occupational safety and health in the Palm Beach, St. Lucie and Indian River counties.
- The Alliance group will continue to promote safety and health management systems.
- The Alliance group will continue to provide training for workers in safe operation of forklifts, lockout/tag out and other confined spaces.
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA.