Skip to main content
- Region 4
- Alliance Annual Report 2008-2009
Reg 4 - Alliance Annual Report - August 9, 2009
U.S. Department of Labor
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Jackson Area Office
3780 I-55 North, Suite 210
Jackson, MS 39211-6323
(601) 965-4606; Fax (601) 965-4610
ELECTRIC POWER ASSOCIATIONS OF MISSISSIPPI
ALLIANCE ANNUAL REPORT
August 9, 2009
- Alliance Background
Originally signed May 23, 2003 and Renewed June 27, 2005
Alliance focused on establishing a collaborative relationship between OSHA and Electric Power Associations of Mississippi, which will reduce and prevent employee exposure to electrical transmission and distribution equipment hazards.
Implementation Team Membership:
Representatives from OSHA and Electric Power Associations of Mississippi
Same as above
August 6, 2008, through August 7, 2009
- Implementation Team Meetings
Meeting held on a quarterly basis – 11/17/08, 1/15/09, 4/7/09, and 8/26/09
- Events and Products
Training and Education
- During this period the Electric Power Associations of Mississippi presented monthly safety programs for all members.
- During this period the Holmes Community College Apprentice Electric Lineman School College.
- During this period the following courses were conducted by EPA of MS members:
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Apprentice Electric Lineman School.
- Electric Power Associations of Mississippi sponsored Basic Lineman School.
- Electric Power Associations of Mississippi sponsored Advance Lineman School.
Outreach and Communication
- Several articles, focused on workplace safety and health, were posted in Today in Mississippi, which is the official publication of the Electric Power Associations of Mississippi.
- The OSHA Jackson Area Office CAS conducted safety and health presentations for association members, focused on the electrical industry.
- During this period several EPA of MS members shared information on best practices.
- The OSHA Area Office participated in the EPA of MS Annual Safety Coordinators Conference.
- OSHA participated in the EPA of MS Full-Time Safety Coordinator Round Table Meeting.
- OSHA participated in the Arboriculture Seminar.
- OSHA participated in the Underground Damage Prevention Summit.
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health FY 2009
- OSHA participates in the Electric Utility Advisory Board, which oversees the new Electrical Utility Technology program at Pearl River Community College (PRCC).
- EPA of MS representatives promoted their good working relationship with OSHA at national safety coordinators meetings.
- OSHA participated in the Full-Time Safety Coordinator Round Table Meeting.
- During this period OSHA participated in the Lineman’s Rodeo was conducted at Holmes Community College and the event was posted on the OSHA Event Page.
Refer to the events above
- Upcoming Milestones in FY 2010
Report Prepared by: Courtney Bohannon, Compliance Assistance Specialist
- Continued participation in the EPA-MS Alliance and the Pearl River Community College Alliance, which focused on the prevention of safety and health hazards in the electrical transmission and distribution industry.
- Participation in Arboriculture Seminar in winter 2010.
- Participation in Underground Damage Prevention Summit in fall of 2009.
For more information, contact the Office of Outreach Services and Alliances at 202-693-2340 or go to OSHA's website.