Region 1 - Alliance Annual Report - June 30, 2018
ANNUAL ALLIANCE REPORT
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Independent Electrical Contractors Association of New England (IECNE)
06/23/17 – 06/23/18
The Alliance agreement provides a framework and objectives for the Alliance Activities. Alliance participants will summarize specific activities and timeframes for completion in a written work plan.
Implementation Team Members
Dale Varney – Hartford Area Office
Paul Mangiafico – Hartford, CT Area Office
Leona May – Bridgeport Area Office
Kenneth Tucker – CT OSHA
Elaina Aschenbrand – IEC Rocky Hill, CT
Implementation Team Meetings
In addition to these formal meetings, the Alliance coordinators from both groups maintained regular contact throughout the reporting period to monitor the Alliance's progress and results.
The following table summarizes the Alliance's activities in support of the goals in the Alliance agreement.
Raising Awareness of OSHA's Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiatives: Conferences, presentations.
Activity Type Activity Name/Summary OSHA Areas of Emphasis Supported Number Reached Alliance Product NONE Dissemination None Event Multiple Alliance meetings/roundtables Heat, Falls, Temporary Workers, Electrical, (Arc Flash)Struck-by, Caught in-between 50 Exhibit OSHA/IEC Summer Fest Heat, Falls, Temporary Workers, Electrical, Struck-by, Caught in-between, Silica, Noise in Construction 100 OSHA Product Review None Speech/Presentation Electrical Presentation on Arc Flash, Silica, OSHA 10/30, Noise in Construction Electrical, All about OSHA 200 Training Building Safety Program 50 Other None
Training and Education: Technical Assistance was provided at the following meetings:
Activity Type Activity Name/Summary OSHA Areas of Emphasis Supported Number Reached Meetings Alliance meeting for upcoming events and technical support Falls, Electrical, Haz Com Struck-by, Caught in-between 10 Conference Summer Fest Falls, Electrical, Haz Com Struck-by, Caught in-between 100 Training Building a Safety Program Safety Programs 20 Meeting Alliance Meeting Silica 10 Training OSHA 10 and 30 Falls, Electrical, Haz Com Struck-by, Caught in-between 100 Meeting Alliance Meeting Haz Com 10 Meeting Alliance Meeting Falls in GI 10
Outreach and Communication: None (see training and education)
Activity Type Activity Name/Summary OSHA Areas of Emphasis Supported Number Reached TOTAL 650
The Alliance is running well with regular meeting, conference and events.
Members are working on a new events for 2018 and 2019
Report prepared by: Paul Mangiafico, CAS Hartford, CT Area Office.
- Alliance Product: Products (e.g., fact sheets, videos, toolbox talks) developed by Alliance participants as part of the Alliance. These are not OSHA products.
- Dissemination: An Alliance participant sends OSHA information, Alliance products, or other safety and health information to its stakeholders. This includes information sent by email or social media (Facebook, Twitter), and information included in newsletters and other publications. It also includes hits on the Alliance participant's or OSHA's Web page.
- Evaluation: Any efforts by the Alliance participant to evaluate the effectiveness of an Alliance activity or the Alliance as a whole.
- Event: Participation in events such as the Construction Roundtable and NAOSH Week.
- Exhibit: OSHA exhibits at events sponsored by the Alliance participant.
- OSHA Product Review: Review of an OSHA product by an Alliance participant. For example, an Alliance participant may provide technical comments on an OSHA eTool or publication. The review itself is considered the Alliance activity.
- Speech/Presentation: Speeches or presentation by OSHA staff at events sponsored by the Alliance participant.
- Training: This includes best practice seminars or other training that Alliance participants provide for OSHA staff. It also includes training for workers/employers/others by Alliance participants.
- Other: Use this if an activity does not fit into one of the other categories.
OSHA Areas of Emphasis:
- Asian American/Pacific Islander Workers
- Fall Prevention
- Hazard Communication/Chemicals
- Health Care
- Heat Illness Prevention
- Hispanic/Latino Workers
- Oil and Gas
- Small Business
- Temporary Workers
- Young Workers