Region 1 - Alliance Agreement - September 16, 2003
AGREEMENT ESTABLISHING AN ALLIANCE
THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
BRIDGEPORT AREA OFFICE
INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS - LOCAL 1150
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 1150 (Local 1150) recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to foster safer and more healthful American workplaces. OSHA and Local 1150 and others hereby form an Alliance to provide Local 1150 members with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees' health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to manufacturing/general industry hazards such as those found in the aircraft manufacturing industry.
OSHA and Local 1150 will work together to achieve the following training and education goals:
- Develop training and education programs on safety and health issues found in the aircraft manufacturing industry.
- Deliver or arrange for the delivery of safety and health courses on topics that will benefit the members of Local 1150.
- Develop workplace safety and health curricula to meet the needs of the members of Local 1150.
OSHA and Local 1150 will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Develop and disseminate information at conferences, events, or through print and electronic media, including electronic assistance tools and links from OSHA's Web sites.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at Local 1150 conferences, such as local meetings, or other events.
- Promote and encourage Local 1150 members' participation in OSHA's cooperative programs such as compliance assistance, Voluntary Protection Program, Consultation, and the Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program.
- Share information on best practices, as jointly determined by OSHA and Local 1150 with others in the industry and publicize the results through outreach by Local 1150 and through OSHA developed training programs and materials.
OSHA and Local 1150 will work together to achieve the following goals related to promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Raise others' awareness of and demonstrate their own commitment to workplace safety and health whenever Local 1150 leadership address groups.
- Develop and disseminate case studies illustrating the business value of safety and health and publicize their results.
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on specific safety and health issues identified in the aircraft manufacturing industry to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace.
OSHA's Alliances provide parties an opportunity to participate in a voluntary cooperative relationship with OSHA for purposes such as training and education, outreach and communication and promoting a national dialogue on workplace safety and health. These Alliances have proved to be valuable tools for both OSHA and its Alliance participants. By entering into an Alliance with a party, OSHA is not endorsing any of that party's products or services, nor does the Agency enter into an Alliance with the purpose of promoting a particular party's products or services.
An implementation team made up of representatives of both organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants. In addition, they will meet at least quarterly to track and share information on activities and results in achieving the goals of the Alliance.
This agreement shall remain in effect for two years. Either signatory may terminate it for any reason at any time, provided they give 30 days written notice. This agreement may be modified at any time with the occurrence of both signatories.
Bridgeport Area Office Director
Rocco G. Calo
|Occupational Safety and Health Administration||International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 1150|