Region 1 - Alliance Agreement - December 17, 2019
AGREEMENT ESTABLISHING AN ALLIANCE
CONCORD AREA OFFICE
THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
NH GOVERNOR’S OFFICE
RECOVERY FRIENDLY WORKPLACE
WORKWISE NH / OSHA CONSULTATION PROGRAM
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Concord Area Office, the NH Governor’s Office, Recovery Friendly Workplace (RFW) and WorkWise NH / OSHA Consultation Program recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to foster safer and more healthful American workplaces. To that end, OSHA, the NH Governor’s Office, RFW and Workwise NH hereby form an Alliance to provide healthcare professionals, businesses, trade organizations and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources to help protect workers, particularly by raising awareness of physical well-being and promoting individual wellness for Granite Staters by empowering workplaces to provide support for people recovering from substance use disorders in the community and workplace.
This agreement provides a framework and objectives for the Alliance’s activities. Alliance participants also agree to meet the “Fundamental Requirements for OSHA Alliance Program Participants” and the “Guidelines for OSHA’s Alliance Program Participants: Alliance Products and Other Alliance Projects.”
Through the Alliance, the organizations will use relevant injury, illness and hazard exposure data when appropriate to help identify areas of emphasis for Alliance awareness, outreach, and communication activities. The Alliance will explore and implement options to evaluate the effectiveness and measure the impact of its effort on improving workplace safety. In developing this Alliance, OSHA, the NH Governor’s Office, RFW and WorkWise NH recognize that OSHA’s State Plan partners are an integral part of the OSHA national effort, and that information about the products and activities of the Alliance may be shared for the advancement of common goals.
This Alliance will provide and assist employers with guidance and access to prevention, treatment, training and recovery support services to help prevent substance misuse in the community and workplace through the NH Governor’s Recovery Friendly Workplace (RFW) Initiative. This initiative will promote individual wellness by creating work environments that further mental and physical well-being of employees; proactively preventing substance misuse and supporting recovery from substance use disorders while encouraging healthy and safe working environments where employers, employees, and communities can collaborate to create positive change, eliminate stigma, and support recovery. This alliance will also assist employers and employees to understand the rights of workers and the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act).
Raising Awareness of OSHA’s Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiatives
The Participants intend to work together to achieve the following objectives related to raising awareness of OSHA’s rulemaking and enforcement initiatives:
- Raise awareness of and demonstrate how a commitment to workplace safety and health has a direct connection to overall personal well-being of the person and include an occupational component when authorized trainers for the NH Governor’s Recovery Friendly Workplace (RFW) address groups at membership meetings, training, conferences and trade shows.
Training and Education
The Participants intend to work together to achieve the following training and education objectives:
- Work with OSHA to disseminate training and education materials on various topics, including, but not limited, to occupational deaths and illnesses by substance misuse, and to communicate such information to small businesses, trade organizations, healthcare service providers, and construction related organizations.
- To deliver or arrange for the delivery of the NH Governor’s Recovery Friendly Workplace (RFW) initiative while proactively providing prevention and awareness trainings for substance misuse and supporting recovery from substance use disorders in the workplace and community.
Outreach and Communication
The Participants intend to work together to achieve the following outreach and communication objectives:
- Develop and disseminate information through print and electronic media, including electronic assistance tools and links from OSHA’s, NH Governor’s Recovery Friendly Workplace (RFW) Initiative and State of NH websites.
- To speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA’s conferences, local meetings, or other events.
- Promote and encourage participation in OSHA’s cooperative programs such as compliance assistance and NH Workwise / OSHA Consultation Program.
OSHA’s Alliances provide parties an opportunity to participate in a voluntary cooperative relationship with OSHA for purposes such as raising awareness of OSHA’s rulemaking and enforcement initiatives, training and education, and outreach and communication. These Alliances have proved to be valuable tools for both OSHA and its Alliance participants. By entering into an Alliance with a party, OSHA is not endorsing or promoting, nor does it intend to endorse or promote, any of that party’s products or services.
An implementation team made up of representatives of each organization will meet to develop a work plan, determine working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants. In addition, they will meet at least two times per year to track and share information on activities and results in achieving the goals of the Alliance. OSHA team members will include representatives of the Concord and Boston Regional Office and any other appropriate offices. OSHA will encourage State Plan States’ participation on the team.
This agreement will remain in effect for two years. Any signatory may terminate it for any reason at any time, provided the signatory terminating gives 30 days’ written notice. This agreement may be modified at any time with the written concurrence of all signatories.
Signed this day of 17 of December, 2019.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Concord NH Area Director
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Workwise NH / NH OSHA Consultation
State of New Hampshire
Recovery Friendly Workplace (RFW)
Safety and Health Champion