Region 1 - Alliance Agreement - February 3, 2003
AGREEMENT ESTABLISHING AN ALLIANCE
THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
BRIDGEPORT AREA OFFICE
LAMAR OUTDOOR ADVERTISING, BRIDGEPORT OFFICE
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and "Lamar Bridgeport" recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to foster safer and more healthful American workplaces. OSHA and "Lamar Bridgeport" hereby form an alliance to use their collective expertise to help foster a culture of prevention while sharing best practices and technical knowledge.
OSHA and "Lamar Bridgeport" agree to establish an Alliance to promote safe and healthful working conditions for outdoor advertising employees by:
- Providing "Lamar Bridgeport" members and employees of other companies within the outdoor advertising industry with information and guidance that will help them protect employees' health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to fall, electrical hazards ladder usage and other hazards inherent to the outdoor advertising industry.
- Increasing access to safety and health information and training resources.
OSHA and "Lamar Bridgeport" will also work together to achieve the following training and education goals:
- Develop training and education programs on safety and health issues.
- Deliver or arrange for the delivery of safety and health courses.
- Develop workplaces safety and health curricula.
OSHA and "Lamar Bridgeport" will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Develop and disseminate information at conferences, events, or through print and electronic media, including links from OSHA's and Lamar's Web sites.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at conferences, local meetings, or other events.
- Cross-train OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals in "Lamar Bridgeport's" best practices or effective approaches, as jointly determined by OSHA and "Lamar Bridgeport".
- Promote and encourage "Lamar Bridgeport" members' participation in OSHA's Voluntary Protection Program, Consultation, and Sharp.
OSHA and "Lamar Bridgeport" will work together to achieve the following goals related to promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Raise others' awareness of and demonstrate their own commitment to workplace safety and health whenever "Lamar Bridgeport's" leaders address groups.
- Share information on best practices, as jointly determined by OSHA and "Lamar Bridgeport" of "Lamar Bridgeport" worksites with others in the industry through outreach by "Lamar Bridgeport" and through OSHA-or "Lamar Bridgeport's"- developed training programs and materials. Promote their implementation through print or electronic media, at conferences, or by any other means.
- Perform case studies and publicize their results through print or electronic media, promotion at conferences, or other means of outreach.
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on safety and health problems to help forge innovative solutions to hazardous conditions in the workplace or to provide input on safety and health issues.
An implementation team made up of representatives of both organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants. In addition, they will meet at least quarterly to track and share information on activities and results in achieving the goals of the alliance.
This agreement shall remain in effect for two years. Either signatory may terminate it for any reason at any time, provided they give 30 days written notice. This agreement may be modified at any time with the occurrence of both signatories.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Lamar Outdoor Advertising - Bridgeport Office