- Safety and Health Topics
- Trucking Industry
- For specific training requirements, see the following:
- Commercial Driver's License Program (CDL/CDLIS). Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) has developed and issued standards for testing and licensing CMV drivers.
- American Trucking Association (ATA). Serves and represents the interests of the trucking industry, with one united voice.
Departments of Motor Vehicle (DMV) and Departments of Transportation (DOT)
State websites provide information on road conditions, weather, construction, weights and measures, and commercial vehicle enforcement. Also, many state DOT offices offer safety training programs. Live cameras provide on-line views of current road conditions.
The following are links to major state department websites related to transportation:
Many of the following educational institutions have institutes dedicated to transportation studies:
- Center for Transportation and Logistics (CTL). Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Center for Transportation Research (CTR). University of Texas-Austin.
- Center for Transportation Studies. University of Virginia. Consortium of Virginia Transportation Research Centers.
- Center for Transportation Studies (CTS). University of Minnesota.
- Center for Transport Policy and Logistics. George Mason University. Consortium of Virginia Transportation Research Centers.
- Center for Urban Transportation Research (CUTR). University of South Florida.
- Center for Urban Transportation Studies (CUTS). University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- Georgia Transportation Institute/University Transportation Center (GTI/UTC). Georgia Tech.
- Kansas University Transportation Center. Kansas University.
- Kentucky Transportation Center. University of Kentucky.
- Institute for Transportation Research and Education (ITRE). North Carolina State University.
- Institute of Transportation Studies (ITS). University of California-Davis.
- Institute of Transportation Studies (ITS). University of California-Irvine.
- Intermodal Transportation Institute (ITI). University of Denver.
- International Intermodal Transportation Center (IITC). New Jersey Institute of Technology.
- Lehman Center for Transportation Research (LCTR). Florida International University.
- Louisiana Transportation Research Center (LTRC). Louisiana State University.
- National Center for Transit Research (NCTR). University of South Florida.
- National Center for Transportation and Industrial Productivity (NCTIP). New Jersey Institute of Technology.
- National Institute for Advanced Transportation Technology (NIATT). University of Idaho.
- National Transit Institute (NTI). Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
- National Transportation Center (NTC). Morgan State University-Baltimore, Maryland.
- Mineta Transportation Institute (MTI). San Jose State University.
- McTRANS Moving Technology. Center for Microcomputers in Transportation at University of Florida.
- METRANS Transportation Center. University of Southern California and California State University - Long Beach.
- Mid-America Transportation Center (MATC). University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Northwestern University Transportation Center. Northwestern University.
- Pacific Northwest Transportation Consortium (PacTrans). PacTrans is the new Region 10 University Transportation Center (UTC) including the University of Washington (UW), University of Alaska at Fairbanks (UAF), the University of Idaho (UI), Oregon State University (OSU), and Washington State University (WSU).
- Partners for Advanced Transportation Technology (PATH), The University of California Transportation Center. University of California-Berkeley.
- Pennsylvania Transportation Institute (PTI). Penn State University.
- Rudin Center for Transportation Policy & Management (CTPM). New York University (NYU).
- Texas Transportation Institute (TTI). Texas A & M University.
- University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute. University of Michigan.
- University Transportation Research Center (UTRC). The City College of New York.
- Urban Transportation Center (UTC). University of Illinois-Chicago.
- Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI). Virginia Tech. Consortium of Virginia Transportation Research Centers.
- Western Transportation Institute (WTI). Montana State University.