- Safety and Health Topics
- Tree Care Industry
Tree Care Industry
Tree care companies provide services such as pruning, removal, plant health care, cabling and bracing, transplanting, consulting, fertilization, and lightning protection.
Hazards and Solutions
Provides references that aid in recognizing some of the hazards that may be encountered by tree care professionals.
Safety and Health Programs
Provides information that can help employers develop and implement a safety and health program.
Tree care hazards are addressed in specific OSHA standards for recordkeeping and general industry.
Provides links and references to additional resources related to the tree care industry.
- Tree Care Operations SBREFA. (2019).
- Solutions for Tree Care Hazards. OSHA Publication 3940, (2018).
- Tree Care Work: Falls and Falling Object Hazards (EPUB | MOBI). Also available in Spanish (EPUB | MOBI).
- Electricity and Tree Care Work – A Deadly Combination. OSHA Pamphlet 3861, (2016). Also available in Spanish.
- Tree Care Work - Know the Hazards. OSHA Publication 3752, (December 2014).
- Preventing Palm Tree Trimmer Fatalities. California FACE Program Action Page Video (English and Spanish).