- Safety and Health Topics
This section highlights OSHA standards and letters of interpretation (official letters of interpretation of the standards) related to solvents.
General Industry (29 CFR 1910)
- 1910 Subpart G, Occupational health and environmental control
- 1910 Subpart H, Hazardous materials
- 1910 Subpart Z, Toxic and hazardous substances [related topic page]
Shipyard Employment (29 CFR 1915)
- 1915 Subpart C, Surface preparation and preservation
- 1915 Subpart Z, Toxic and hazardous substances
- 1915.1000, Air contaminants
Construction Industry (29 CFR 1926)
- 1926 Subpart D, Occupational health and environmental controls
Letters of Interpretation
- Flash point of cleaning solvents for spray finishing equipment. (April 14, 1996).
- Solvents classified as a combustible liquid on the basis of the MSDS. (September 3, 1993).