- Safety and Health Topics
- Shipbuilding and Ship Repair
Shipbuilding and Ship Repair
This page highlights OSHA standards, preambles to final rules (background to final rules), and directives (instructions to OSHA staff) related to shipbuilding and ship repair.
Shipyard Employment (29 CFR 1915)
- 1915 Subpart P, Fire protection in shipyard employment
- 1915.501, General provisions
- 1915.502, Fire safety plan
- 1915.503, Precautions for hot work
- 1915.504, Fire watches
- 1915.505, Fire response
- 1915.506, Hazards of fixed extinguishing systems on board vessels and vessel sections
- 1915.507, Land-side fire protection systems
- 1915.508, Training
- 1915.509, Definitions applicable to this subpart
- Appendix A, Model fire safety plan (Non-mandatory)
Construction Industry (29 CFR 1926)
- 1926.30, Shipbuilding and ship repairing. Refer to Part 1915 for applicable standards.
Preambles to Final Rules
- Enclosed Spaces (in Shipyard Employment)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for Shipyard Employment
- For directives, see OSHA's Maritime Industry Compliance Page.