Solutions: X-Ray Radiation
- Possible employee exposure to X-ray radiation:
- during diffraction operations.
- when used as a source for photoexposure.
- during ion implantation.
- from e-beam evaporation.
- Identify X-ray sources; perform exposure evaluations when applicable.
- Enclose operations with X-ray emissions; provide shielding as necessary.
- Provide PPE as appropriate during operations when exposure is necessary. [29 CFR 1910 Subpart I]
- Implement ionizing radiation safety programs to further identify and control X-ray hazards.
OSHA Safety and Health Topics Pages:Back to Top