- Safety and Health Topics
- Sampling and Analysis
Sampling and Analysis
Related Safety and Health Topics Pages
- Asphalt Fumes
- Diesel Exhaust
- Indoor Air Quality
- Methylene Chloride
- Silica, Crystalline
- Surface Contamination
- Synthetic Mineral Fibers
- Welding, Cutting, and Brazing
- Training Courses, Materials, and Resources. OSHA. Provides training and education resources.
- Small Business. OSHA.
- Health Hazard Evaluations (HHEs). National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). NIOSH conducts investigations of possible health hazards in the workplace. These investigations are called health hazard evaluations.
- Methods for the Determination of Hazardous Substances (MDHS) guidance. Health and Safety Executive (HSE). HSE of Great Britain has developed methods which address analysis of workplace air samples.
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) International. ASTM International provides standards that are accepted and used in research and development, product testing, quality systems, and commercial transactions around the globe. The following resources are ASTM technical committees.
- Committee D22 on Air Quality. The areas of interest of this committee are ambient air, source emissions, workplace atmospheres, indoor air, meteorological measurements, sampling strategies, calibration procedures, quality assurance practices, and the development of international standards in these fields.
- Committee E34 on Occupational Health and Safety. This committee's standards address the identification, exposure, symptomatology, treatment, control, and administrative aspects of diverse occupational safety and health issues such as silica, metalworking fluids, and ergonomics.