- Safety and Health Topics
- Ionizing Radiation
Safety and Health Programs
- Radiation Control Manuals from Department of Energy (DOE) Laboratories:
- Fermilab Radiological Control Manual (FRCM). (September 2013).
- Environment Safety and Health Manual - Chapter 9: Radiological Safety. Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC), (2010). Describes the engineering and administrative controls required to maintain personal radiation doses ALARA, to prevent uncontrolled or accidental exposure to ionizing radiation, and to prevent release of radioactive material into the environment.
- Radiological Control Manual. (July 9, 2010). Summarizes the elements of the Radiological Health and Safety Policy and is intended to guide the actions of every person involved in radiological work at SLAC.
- Radiation Safety. Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) Health and Safety Manual, PUB-3000, Chapter 21, (April 2012).
- Radiation Protection of the Public and the Environment. U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). Develops and issues the Department of Energy's occupational radiation protection policy, requirements and guidance. Key regulatory topics covered in 10 CFR 835 include:
- monitoring individual internal and external radiation dose,
- radiation safety training,
- workplace monitoring,
- As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) programs,
- radiation detection instrumentation,
- posting and control of radioactive material,
- radiation dose reporting.