- Safety and Health Topics
- Pressure Vessels
This section highlights OSHA standards and national consensus standards related to pressure vessels.
General Industry (29 CFR 1910)
- 1910 Subpart H, Hazardous materials
- 1910.101, Compressed gases (general requirements)
- 1910.102, Acetylene
- 1910.103, Hydrogen
- 1910.104, Oxygen
- 1910.105, Nitrous oxide
- 1910.106, Flammable liquids
- 1910.107, Spray finishing using flammable and combustible materials [related topic page]
- 1910.110, Storage and handling of liquefied petroleum gases
- 1910.111, Storage and handling of anhydrous ammonia [related topic page]
- 1910 Subpart M, Compressed gas and compressed air equipment [related topic page]
- 1910.169, Air receivers
- 1910 Subpart O, Machinery and machine guarding [related topic page]
- 1910.217, Mechanical power presses
- 1910 Subpart R, Special industries
Shipyard Employment (29 CFR 1915)
- 1915 Subpart K, Portable, unfired pressure vessels, drums and containers, other than ship's equipment
Construction Industry (29 CFR 1926)
- 1910 Subpart C, General safety and health provisions
- 1926.29, Acceptable certifications
- 1926 Subpart F, Fire protection and prevention
- 1926 Subpart I, Tools - hand and power
- 1926.306, Air receivers
- 1926 Subpart O, Motor vehicles, mechanized equipment, and marine options
- 1926.603, Pile driving equipment
Note: These are NOT OSHA regulations. However, they do provide guidance from their originating organizations related to worker protection.
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- 2004 Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
American Petroleum Institute (API)
- 510, Pressure Vessel Inspection Code: Maintenance Inspection, Rating, Repair, and Alteration. 9th ed. (June 1, 2006).
- 572, Inspection of Pressure Vessels. (November 2009).
- 910, Digest of State Boiler, Pressure Vessel, Piping & Aboveground Storage Tank Rules and Regulations. 8th ed. (November 1, 1997).
- 620, Design and Construction of Large, Welded, Low-Pressure Storage Tanks. 11th ed. (February 1, 2008).
- 941, Steels for Hydrogen Service at Elevated Temperatures and Pressures in Petroleum Refineries and Petrochemical Plants. 6th ed. (February 2004).
- 945, Avoiding Environmental Cracking in Amine Units. 3rd ed. (2003, June).