- Safety and Health Topics
- Occupational Epidemiology
Related Safety and Health Topics Pages
- Hazard Communication
- Injury and Illness Recordkeeping and Reporting Requirements
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivities
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Respiratory Protection
- Chemical Hazards and Toxic Substances
- Diesel Exhaust
- Ethylene Oxide
- Hazardous Waste
- Hexavalent Chromium
- Indoor Air Quality
- Latex Allergy
- Legionnaires' Disease
- Methylene Chloride
- Silica, Crystalline
- Toxic Metals
- Waste Anesthetic Gases
Programs in Occupational Epidemiology
- Association of Schools of Public Health
- NIOSH Teaching Epidemiology in Occupational Health. Cincinnati, (1997).
Federal Government Programs
- Cancer Types. National Cancer Institute at the National Institutes of Health.
- Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results (SEER). Provides cancer statistics, other statistical resources and stat fact sheets.
- Studies. National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), Epidemiology Branch. Provides an A to Z index of current studies including Agricultural Health Study, Farming and Movement Evaluation Study, and Farmworkers Health Study.
- Comprehensive Epidemiologic Data Resource (CEDR). U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). Provides occupational epidemiologic studies conducted at many nuclear weapons plants, such as Hanford, Los Alamos, Oak Ridge, Rocky Flats, and Savannah River. They include data from cohort and case-control design studies, many of which have individual-level radiation exposure measurements.
- Occupational Health Guidelines for Chemical Hazards. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Publication No. 81-123, (January 1981). Provides a table of contents of guidelines for many hazardous chemicals. The files provide technical chemical information, including chemical and physical properties, health effects, exposure limits, and recommendations for medical monitoring, personal protective equipment (PPE), and control procedures.
State Government Programs
- Disease Control and Environmental Epidemiology Division topics. Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Provides information to track, control and prevent communicable diseases and other conditions in Colorado to reduce illness and premature deaths.
- Right to Know Hazardous Substance Fact Sheets. State of New Jersey, Department of Health and Senior Services (NJDHSS). Provides a collection of documents on individual hazardous chemicals. Each sheet contains acute and chronic health hazards, identification, workplace exposure limits, medical tests, workplace controls and practices, personal protective equipment, handling and storage, questions and answers, definitions, and emergency response information for fires, spills and first aid.
International and Private Organizations
- Health topics. World Health Organization (WHO). Provides extensive A to Z index of health topics with links to related publications.
- Publications. Includes link to the International Programme on Chemical Safety (IPCS).
- Health topics. Pan American Health Organization (PAHO).
- American Journal of Epidemiology
- American Journal of Industrial Medicine
- International Journal of Epidemiology
- Epi Info™ Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Software Download. Offers free software for download that is available on the internet to assist in epidemiological studies.