Asthma is one of the more serious problems that may be caused by work-related allergy. A severe case of asthma can be disabling. The following references provide information about the characteristics and symptoms of occupational asthma.
- Asthma and Allergies. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Workplace Safety and Health Topic.
- Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), National Occupational Research Agenda (NORA). Outlines the collaborative efforts of the Asthma & Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Team with federal agencies to increase resources available for extramural research on occupational asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Asthma in the US Growing every year. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Discusses research from CDC that more Americans are suffering from asthma than ever before.
- OSH Answers: What is occupational asthma? Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS). Describes occupational asthma including, tables of causative agents.
- For additional information, see OSHA's Safety and Health Topics Pages on: