- Safety and Health Topics
- Occupational Noise Exposure
Occupational Noise Exposure
- Stakeholder Meeting on Preventing Occupational Hearing Loss: Summary Report. OSHA, (November 3, 2011).
- Noise and Hearing Loss Prevention. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Workplace Safety and Health Topic. Comprehensive information on noise and hearing loss topics, including FAQs, tools, publications, research, and related information.
- "Buy Quiet" – a NIOSH prevention initiative to help companies buy quieter products for a safer workplace by providing them with information on equipment noise levels and encouraging manufacturers to design quieter equipment, (2014).
- Protect Yourself From Noise-Induced Hearing Loss. American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA). Includes FAQs and links to noise resources. The AIHA also publishes the following noise-related resources:
- Berger, E., et al. "The Noise Manual." Revised 5th ed. Fairfax, VA: American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) Press, 2003. Comprehensive reference on noise and hearing conservation. Contains 200+ item appendix on references for good practice.
- Royster, L. and J. Royster. "Noise-Vibration Problem-Solution Workbook." Fairfax, VA: American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) Press, 2001. Contains more than 400 solved problems and detailed problem discussions. The workbook's chapter headings are very similar to those in The Noise Manual, and contains many new discussions and problems that are not covered in the AIHA's Noise Manual or other similar reference sources.
- DiNardi, S., ed. "The Occupational Environment - Its Evaluation, Control and Management." 2nd ed. Fairfax, VA: American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) Press, 2003. This reference contains an entire chapter on noise.
- Occupational exposure to noise: evaluation, prevention and control. World Health Organization (WHO). Provides an in depth look at all aspects of noise.
- EARLAB. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Auditory Demonstration Laboratory. Noise and hearing conservation resources, publications, and training materials.
- Noise at work. Health and Safety Executive (HSE) Noise Topic page, United Kingdom. Guidance material, standards, publications, and other resources from HSE.
- Noise at work. European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU-OSHA). Noise topic page from EU-OSHA, including guidance materials, publications, standards, reports, and other resources, such as the following:
- Job Accommodation Network. U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP). Facilitates the employment and retention of workers with disabilities by providing employers, employment providers, people with disabilities, their family members and other interested parties with information on job accommodations, self-employment and small business opportunities and related subjects.
- Guidelines and Standards. United States Access Board. Develops and maintains accessibility guidelines and standards under several different laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Includes guidelines and standards, guidance materials, reports and research.
- Noise-Induced Hearing Loss. National Institutes of Health, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD). FAQs and other resources on noise and hearing loss.
- American Academy of Audiology (AAA). Promotes quality hearing and balance care by advancing the profession of audiology through leadership, advocacy, education, public awareness and support of research.
- The Hearing Review - Resource Center. Provides consumer information, organizations and links. The Hearing Review is the leading monthly trade magazine for the hearing health care industry, including audiologists, hearing instrument specialists, and medical professionals.