- Food Marketing Institute, (1996), Customer and Employee Accident Experience in the Supermarket Industry, 1991-1995, Washington, DC.
- Harman, E.A., Rosenstein, R.M., Frykman, P.N., and Nigro, G.A., (1989), Effects of a Belt on Intra-Abdominal Pressure during Weight Lifting, Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 21, 189-190.
- Hunter, G.R., McGuirk, J., Mitrano, N., Pearman, P., Thomas, B., and Arrington, R., (1989), The Effects of a Weight Training Belt on Blood Pressure during Exercise, The Journal of Applied Sport Science Research, 3, 13-18.
- Lander, J.E., Hundley, J.R., and Simonton, R.L., (1992), The Effectiveness of Weight Belts during Multiple Repetitions of the Squat Exercise, Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 25, 603-609.
- Marley, R.J., and Duggasani, A.R., (1996), Effects of Industrial Back Supports on Physiological Demand, Lifting Style and Perceived Exertion, International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 17, 445-453.
- Marras, W.S., Lavender, S.A., Leugans, S.E., Rajulu, S.L., Allread, W.G., Fathallah, F.A., and Ferguson, S.A., (1993), The role of dynamic three-dimensional truck motion in occupationally related low back disorders, Spine, 18, 617-628.
- Marras, W.S., Lavender, S.A., Leugans, S.E., Rajulu, S.L., Allread, W.G., Fathallah, F.A., and Ferguson, S.A., (1995), Biomechanical risk factors for occupationally related low back disorders, Ergonomics, 38, 377-410.
- Marras, W.S., Granata, K.P., Davis, K.G., Allread, W.G., and Jorgensen, M.J., (1995), The effects of case weight, case size, and handle coupling on spine loading and risk of low back disorders in order selecting, Final Project Report for the Food Marketing Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.
- Marras, W.S., Granata, K.P., Davis, K.G., Allread, W.G., and Jorgensen, M.J., (1997), Spine loading and probability of low back disorder risk as a function of box location, Human Factors in Manufacturing, 7(4), 323-336.
- Marras, W.S., Granata, K.P., Davis, K.G., Allread, W.G., and Jorgensen, M.J., The effects of case features on spine loading during order selecting, Ergonomics, (submitted).
- McCoy, M.A., Congleton, J.J., Johnston, W.L., and Jiang, B.C., (1988), The Role of Lifting Belts in Manual Lifting, International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 2, 259-266.
- McGill, S., and Norman, R.W., (1987), Reassessment of the Role of Intra-Abdominal Pressure in Spinal Compression, Ergonomics, 30, 1565-1588.
- Reddell, C.R., Congleton, J.J., Huchingson, R.D., and Montgomery, J.F., (1992), An Evaluation of a Weightlifting Belt and Back Injury Prevention Training Class for Airline Baggage Handler, Applied Ergonomics, 23, 319-329.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, (1994), Workplace Use of Back Belts, DHHC (NIOSH) Publication No. 94-122.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, (1997), Musculoskeletal Disorders and Workplace Factors, DHHS (NIOSH) Publication No. 97-141.
- U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA 3220-2004), Warehousing- Pocket Guide (PDF*).
- U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA 2236-2002), Materials Handling and Storage (PDF*).
- U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, (1990), Ergonomics Program Management Guidelines for Meatpacking Plants, OSHA 3123, Government Printing Office.
- U.S. General Accounting Office, (1997), Worker Protection: Private Sector Ergonomics Programs Yield Positive Results, GAO/HEHS Publication No. 97-163, Washington, DC.
- Walsh, N.E., and Schwartz, R.K., (1990), The Influence of Prophylactic Orthoses on Abdominal Strength and Low Back Injury in the Workplace, American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 69, 245-250.
- Waters, T.R., (1993), Workplace factors and trunk motion in grocery selector tasks, Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 37th Annual Meeting, 654-658.
- Webster, B.S., and Snook, S.H., (1994), The cost of 1989 workers' compensation low back pain claims, Spine, 19(10), 1111-1116.