- Publication Date:
- Publication Type:Notice
- Fed Register #:69:61406
- Standard Number:1926.550(b)(2)
- Title:Submission for OMB Review: Comment Request
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Office of the Secretary
Submission for OMB Review: Comment Request
October 7, 2004.
The Department of Labor (DOL) has submitted the following public information collection request (ICR) to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (Pub. L. 104-13, 44 U.S.C. chapter 35). A copy of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by contacting the Department of Labor (DOL). To obtain documentation, contact Darrin King on (202) 693-4129 (this is not a toll-free number) or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments should be sent to Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: OMB Desk Officer for the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Office of Management and Budget, Room 10235, Washington, DC 20503, (202) 395-7316 (this is not a toll-free number), within 30 days from the date of this publication in the Federal Register.
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Type of Review: Extension of currently approved collection.
Title: Crawler, Locomotive, and Truck Cranes (29 CFR 1926.550(b)(2)).
OMB Number: 1218-0232.
Type of Response: Recordkeeping.
Affected Public: Business or other for-profit; Not-for-profit institutions; Federal Government; and State, Local, or Tribal Government.
Number of Respondents: 16,581.
Number of Annual Responses: 198,972.
Estimated Time per Response: 30 minutes.
Total Burden Hours: 99,486.
Total Annualized capital/startup costs: $0.
Total Annual Costs (operating/maintaining systems or purchasing services): $0.
Description: 29 CFR 1926.550(b)(2) requires an employer to prepare and maintain a certification record of an inspected crane as specified in ANSI B30.5-1968, Safety Code for Crawler Locomotive, and Truck Cranes. These records inform employers and employees regarding potentially life-threatening equipment failures. In addition, the records provide the most efficient means for OSHA compliance officers to determine that an employer performed the required inspection and that the equipment is in safe operating condition.
Ira L. Mills,
Departmental Clearance Officer.
[FR Doc. 04-23223 Filed 10-15-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4510-26-P