Slippery floors from steam and washing processes can cause slips, trips and falls.
Requirements under OSHA's Walking-Working Surfaces Standard, 29 CFR 1910.22
- Keep floors clean and dry. [29 CFR 1910.22(a)(2)]
- Keep aisles and passageways clear and in good repair, with no obstruction across or in aisles that could create a hazard. [29 CFR 1910.22(a)]
Other OSHA Requirements
Follow Bloodborne Pathogens Standard spill clean-up requirements for spills containing blood or other potentially infectious materials (OPIM) [29 CFR 1910.1030].
- See Hospital-wide Hazards - Slips/Trips/Falls.
- Walking-Working Surfaces. OSHA.
- Inspection Guidance for Inpatient Healthcare Settings. (June 25, 2015). OSHA memorandum establishing guidance for inspections conducted in inpatient healthcare settings.