- Record Type:OSHA Instruction
- Current Directive Number:CSP 01-01-011
- Old Directive Number:STP 2-1.94
- Title:Federal Program Change Transmittal: Occupational Exposure to Lead, Final Standard
- Information Date:
OSHA Instruction STP 2-1.94 February 14, 1979 Office of State Programs
Subject: Federal Program Transmittal: Occupational Exposure to Lead, Final Standard
A. Purpose. This instruction transmits a Federal program change to Regions and State designees.
B. Scope. This instruction applies OSHA-wide and to the 24 States with approved 18(b) plans.
C. Federal Program Change. This instruction describes a Federal program change which affects State programs. Each Regional Administrator shall:
- 1. Ensure that this change is forwarded to each State designee.
- 2. Explain the technical content of the standard to the State designee as requested.
- 3. Inform the State that adoption of the standard within 6 months of its publication in the Federal Register is required.
- 4. Ensure that the State's progress in adoption and implementation of the standard is monitored and evaluated as provided in Chapter XVII of the Field Operations Manual.
- 5. Provide a copy of the standard to the State designee upon his request.
- 1. Occupational Exposure to Lead (Final Standard) Part 1910, Occupational Safety and Health Standards was published in the Federal Register (Vol. 43-No. 220) on Tuesday, November 21, 1978.
OSHA INSTRUCTION STP 2-1.94 FEBRUARY 14, 1979 OFFICE OF STATE PROGRAMS
- 2. Attachments to the Preamble for the final standard were published in the Federal Register (Vol. 43-No. 225) on Tuesday, November 21, 1978.
IRVING WEISBLATT Acting Director, Federal Compliance and State Programs
Distribution: National, Regional and Area Offices State Plan Designees HEW-1 NIOSH Regional Program Directors-1