Compliance Assistance From Other Federal Agencies
The following are links to compliance assistance resources from selected federal agencies:
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Compliance Page. EPA's compliance assistance and enforcement resources.
- Compliance Assistance Centers. EPA partnered with industry, academic institutions, environmental groups, and other agencies to launch these sector-specific Compliance Assistance Centers.
- Resources for Small Businesses. EPA's gateway to environmental information and contacts for small businesses.
- Internal Revenue Service
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). NIOSH is the federal agency responsible for conducting research and making recommendations for the prevention of work-related injury and illness.
- National Response Center. This is the sole federal point of contact for reporting oil and chemical spills.
- Small Business Administration. The SBA's mission is to help and protect the interests of small businesses. This site includes information on starting, financing, and managing a business.
- Regulatory Alerts. Listing of proposed federal regulations open for comment that may significantly affect small businesses.
- Department of Transportation
- Hazmat Safety Community. Information on the transportation of hazardous materials by air, rail, highway, or water.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. NHTSA is responsible for reducing deaths, injuries, and economic losses resulting from motor vehicle crashes. This site includes extensive information on traffic safety.
The following are links to the federal government's cross-cutting resources and websites designed to help businesses comply with the range of federal regulations:
- USA.gov. The official U.S. gateway to all government information. This is an inter-agency initiative administered by the U.S. General Services Administration.
- Regulations.gov. This site allows users to track, review, and comment on federal regulations open for comment.
- Employer.gov. Compliance assistance resources for federal labor laws.