Directorate of Cooperative and State Programs (DCSP)Douglas J. Kalinowski, Director
Arlene Williams, Acting Deputy Director
The Directorate of Cooperative and State Program implements OSHA's cooperative programs, coordinates the agency's compliance assistance and outreach activities, coordinates the agency's relations with state plan states, and oversees international issues for OSHA.
OSHA offers a number of avenues for businesses and organizations to work cooperatively with the Agency. DCSP implements the following cooperative programs and initiatives:
- Alliance Program
- OSHA Challenge
- Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP)
- OSHA Strategic Partnership Program (OSPP)
- Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP)
DCSP coordinates the Agency's activities with OSHA-approved State Plans.
DCSP oversees international issues for OSHA.
Compliance Assistance and Outreach
The Directorate also coordinates OSHA's outreach and compliance assistance activities, including:
- Directorate of Cooperative and State Programs
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Directorate of Cooperative and State Programs - Room N3700
- 200 Constitution Avenue, N.W.
- Washington, D.C. 20210
- (202) 693-2200
- Office of International Affairs (202) 693-2400
- The Office of International Affairs oversees international issues for OSHA, particularly as they relate to international safety and health. The office is responsible for coordinating OSHA's participation at international fora; representing OSHA at internal and external meetings on international issues, liaising with Departmental agencies and the State Department for technical and policy-related matter and coordinating and facilitating the Department's Visitors' Program.
- Office of Outreach Services and Alliances (202) 693-2340
- The Office of Outreach Services and Alliances is responsible for coordinating OSHA's compliance assistance and outreach activities and implementing the Alliance Program.
- Office of Partnerships and Recognition (202) 693-2213
- The Office of Partnerships and Recognition administers the Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP), the OSHA Strategic Partnership Program (OSPP), and OSHA Challenge.
- Office of Small Business Assistance (202) 693-2220
- The Office of Small Business Assistance (OSBA) administers the OSHA On-site Consultation Program, which offers free and confidential advice to small and medium-sized businesses in all states across the country, with priority given to high-hazard worksites. OSBA also coordinates OSHA activity on behalf of small business and serves as Agency liaison with stakeholders to develop and enhance relationships between the Agency and the small business community.
- Office of State Programs (202) 693-2244
- The Office of State Programs (OSP) ensures that OSHA-approved State Plans are at least as effective as OSHA in protecting workers and preventing work-related injuries, illnesses, and deaths as provided for in the OSH Act of 1970. OSP provides leadership and direction related to the establishment, operation, and oversight of OSHA-approved State Plans, and fosters and promotes a strong working relationship and open communication between OSHA and its State Plan partners.