Office of Engineering Services
Room N3468, 200 Constitution Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20210 | 202-693-2020 | 202-693-1689
"To provide engineering assistance to all Agency components and plan and manage a program for investigating and inspection construction accidents involving fatalities and catastrophes which receive nationwide attention. Works with the construction industry on technical issues to enhance safety and health awareness and reduce fatalities, illnesses and injuries."
- Acts as technical consultant and advisor to the Assistant Secretary on construction issues, and the impact of policy, compliance and abatement actions on the construction industry.
- Provides construction expertise to evaluate serious and/or unusual occupational safety and health incidents and provides technical assistance to the regions and field units.
- Coordinates the activities of the office with other National Office Directorates and Offices.
- At the request of the involved OSHA region, participates in providing technical assistance for enforcement or voluntary compliance efforts to State operating OSHA-approved State programs.
- Keeps abreast of changes in developments in the construction industry to develop and execute safety and health engineering feasibility programs.
- Provides a variety of technical information to the OSHA Training Institute regarding training activities and courses in the construction field.
- Provides analyses, recommendations and evaluations of the engineering feasibility of proposed abatement methods, and other occupational safety or health studies which impact upon the construction industry.
- Coordinates variance requests and other construction issues with the Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management.