Region 6 - Alliance Annual Report - August 27, 2010
ANNUAL ALLIANCE REPORT for T & T Staff Management, Inc. #110
511 Executive Center Blvd.
El Paso, TX 79902
January 8, 2004 and resigned on August 14th, 2007 and renewed on August 25th, 2009
Alliance between the United States Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration and T & T Staff Management, L.P. was established as a collaborative relationship to foster a safety and more healthful workplace for Americans working in the construction industries. The goal of the Alliance is to save lives, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to construction hazards such as falls from elevations, struck-by and caught-in-between objects, and electrocution
Implementation Team Members: Jack Turner, Thad Steele, Frank Olivas (initial). Current: Rey Leyva, Sheila Schulmeyer (June 2009 to present).
This report covers August, 2009 to August, 2010
Implementation Team Meetings
August 14th, 2007; June 23rd,2008 & June 4th, 2009
Events and Products
Training and Education
- August 2009 thru August 2010 New Hire Safety Orientations: 1728 English, 2380 Spanish, Total: 4036
- August 2009 thru August 2010 10 Hour Outreach Training: 15
- August 2009 thru August 2010 Other Safety Training Provided to Food Service Safety, Powered Industrial Truck Operator Safety Training, Confined Space, Hazard Communication, Aerial Lift, Scissor Lift, Scaffolding, Excavation, MSHA, and First Aid/CPR, etc., to 658 employees.
Outreach and Communication
August 2009 thru August 2010
- Completed issuance of over 400 Code of Federal Regulation Manuals published by Morgan Communications-CFR 1910's to local General Industry businesses. Dal-Tile a local VPP participant was given well over 100 manuals.
- Distributed AGC/OSHA/TEEKs Spanish safety classes information flyer to over 400 businesses in the El Paso area.
- Distributed NMOSHA / ASSE Zia Chapter OSHA 10 hour information flyer to over 400 business in the El Paso area.
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health
Results: This Safety Network has enjoyed great success. There is a website and many companies involved help sponsor the meeting place and refreshments for the monthly meetings. Involvement is key and each month, the involvement grows. Most of the attendees are safety personnel from companies and the information/training they receive from these meetings is taken back to the employee population of each company which makes the total magnified by thousands.
EVENT PARTICIPANTS TRAINED 2009 – New Hire Safety Orientations:
2010* – New Hire Safety Orientations:
2009 – 10 Hour Outreach Training:
2009* - Other Safety Training Provided to Food Service Safety,
Powered Industrial Lift Truck Operator Safety,
Confined Space, Hazard Communication, Aerial Lift, Scaffolding and Excavation,
472 English, 731 Spanish, Total: 1203
1256 English, 1649 Spanish, Total: 2905
English, 15; Spanish, 0 Total: 15
TOTAL for August 2009 – August 2010 4781
T & T Staff Management, L. P., has continued to enjoy a 25 percent reduction in injury claims for their own employees throughout the duration of this alliance.
- Renew Alliance in 2011
- Continue Youth Outreach
- Continue Public Awareness through Marquee Sign – Safety Messages
- Partner with OSHA Education Center(s)
- Kick-off City Wide Billboard Campaign
- Implement On-line Web Based New Hire Safety Orientation