Region 6 - Alliance Annual Report - August 14, 2009
ANNUAL ALLIANCE REPORT for T & T Staff Management, L.P. #110
511 Executive Ctr Blvd
El Paso, TX 79902
Date Signed: January 8, 2004 and resigned on August 14th, 2007
Date renewed: August 25, 2009
Alliance between the United States Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration and T & T Staff Management, L.P. was established as a collaborative relationship to foster a safety and more healthful workplace for Americans working in the construction industries. The goal of the Alliance is to save lives, particularly in reducing and preventing exposure to construction hazards such as falls from elevations, struck-by and caught-in-between objects, and electrocution
Implementation Team Members: Jack Turner, Thad Steele, Frank Olivas (initial); Elias Casillas III, Richard Rivera, Sheila Schulmeyer (after September 2006). Rey Leyva, Elias Casillas, Sheila Schulmeyer (After June 2009).
Rey Leyva, Elias Casillas III
This report covers August, 2008 to Aug, 2009
Implementation Team Meetings
August 14th, 2007; June 23rd,2008 & June 4th, 2009
Events and Products
Training and Education
- 2008 – New Hire Safety Orientations: 2177 English, 3648 Spanish, Total: 5825
2009* – New Hire Safety Orientations: 1100 English, 1804 Spanish , Total: 2904
(as of Aug. 12, 2009)
2009* –Youth Outreach – (14 -19 year olds) New Hire Safety Orientations: Total: 2,757 (as of Aug. 12, 2009)
10 Hour Outreach Training:
2008 – English, 37; Spanish 49
2009* – English,13 ; Spanish 0
(as of Aug. 12, 2009)
- Other Safety Training Provided to Food Service Safety, Powered Industrial Truck Operator Safety Training, Confined Space, Hazard Communication, Aerial Lift, Scaffolding and Excavation, etc., in 2008 to 445 employees.
Outreach and Communication
- 2008 - Completed Construction of new T & T Staff Management “Safety Training Center” and renovation of existing training facilities.
- 2008 – Installed new outdoor digital bill board/sign (Marquee) which communicates safety message at all times and advertises on-going safety courses
- 2008 – Implemented “Big 4” construction hazards training program in English and Spanish
- 2008 – Added “General Industry” New Hire Safety Orientations to orientation schedule. Now provide a total 11 “New Hire Safety Orientations” per week
- August 8 & 9, 2008 Participated in Collaborative “Free OSHA 10-Hour and Construction Big Four Hazards” training between the Hispanic Contractors Association de Tejas; The Greater El Paso Chamber of Commerce; The Small Business Administration where approximately 200 participants completed the safety training in English/Spanish.
- 2009-Became sponsor of lighted “Star” on the mountain which will be used to promote and represent employee safety in El Paso.
- 2009-Began presenting General Industry safety orientation to youth ages 14-19 years old.
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health
- 2008/2009 - Continue to dialog with OSHA Education Centers in Region VI to try and expand safety training in English and Spanish for the El Paso, Far West Texas region.
Using the table below, list each activity and the number of individuals reached or trained during the reporting period.]
EVENT PARTICIPANTS TRAINED 2008 – New Hire Safety Orientations:
2009* – New Hire Safety Orientations:
2009* –Youth Outreach General Industry Safety Orientations:
2008 – 10 Hour Outreach Training:
2009* – 10 Hour Outreach Training:
2008* - Other Safety Training Provided to Food Service Safety, Powered Industrial Lift Truck Operator Safety, Confined Space, Hazard Communication, Aerial Lift, Scaffolding and Excavation, etc.,:
2009* - Other Safety Training Provided to Food Service Safety, Powered Industrial Lift Truck Operator Safety, Confined Space, Hazard Communication, Aerial Lift, Scaffolding and Excavation, etc.,:
2008* - 10 Hour Collaborative Training:
2177 English, 3648 Spanish, Total: 5825
1100 English, 1804 Spanish, Total: 2904
14 year olds = 440
15 year olds = 544
16 year olds = 555
17 year olds = 563
18 year olds = 422
19 year olds = 233
English, 37; Spanish, 49, Total: 86
English, 13; Spanish, 0 Total: 13
125 English, 81 Spanish, Total 206
TOTAL for all 2008 and partial 2009 12660
T & T Staff Management, L. P., has enjoyed a 25 percent reduction in injury claims for their own employees throughout the duration of this alliance.
- Renew Alliance in 2009
- Continue Youth Outreach
- Continue Public Awareness through Marquee Sign – Safety Messages
- Complete issuance of over 400 Code of Federal Regulation Manuals published by Mangan Communications-CFR 1910’s
- Partner with OSHA Education Center(s)
- Kick-off City Wide Billboard Campaign
- Implement On-line Web Based New Hire Safety Orientation