- Safety and Health Topics
Control and Prevention
The following references provide safety and health information to aid in the prevention and control of Hantavirus hazards.
- Preventing Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Provides cleanup information for the prevention of Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome (HPS).
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome -- United States: Updated Recommendations for Risk Reduction. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) 51(RR09);1-12, (July 26, 2002). Provides updated recommendations for prevention and control of Hantavirus infections associated with rodents in the United States.
- Education Materials and Media. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Provides an educational video that teaches how to prevent infection with Hantavirus.
- Laboratory Management of Agents Associated with Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome: Interim Biosafety Guidelines. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) 43(RR-7);1-7, (May 13, 1994). Provides interim biosafety guidelines for preventing laboratory-associated infections with agents that cause Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome.
- Rodent-Exclusion Manual. National Park Service (NPS), (September 2014). Provides a training guide for NPS employees offering information on rodent biology and ecology, and methods for building inspection and rodent exclusion.
- For additional information, see OSHA's Safety and Health Topics Pages on: