These pages are part of OSHA's commitment to provide employers and maritime workers with information and assistance to help in complying with OSHA standards and in ensuring a safe workplace.
- Maritime Standards and Guidance. OSHA. Links to maritime related standards, and to the OSHA Office of Maritime.
- Maritime Compliance Information. OSHA. Links to OSHA compliance information including directives, letters of interpretation, Review Commission
decisions, crane certification, and to the OSHA Office of Maritime Enforcement.
- Maritime Advisory Committee for Occupational Safety and Health (MACOSH). OSHA. MACOSH is a committee which provides additional viewpoints to OSHA on maritime safety issues. This page provides MACOSH contacts, workgroup assignments, meeting minutes, and recommendations.
- OSHA Maritime Outreach Training Program. OSHA has developed an OSHA Outreach Training Program for the Maritime industry. This new program builds on OSHA's successful Outreach Training Program platform to extend safety and health training to employees and employers in the maritime industry.
- Maritime Safety and Health Topics. OSHA. Provides access to maritime publications and training materials, as well as web pages addressing specific maritime
Maritime Alliances and Partnerships
Voluntary Protection Program
- General Working Conditions Standard. OSHA, (2011, May).
- Fire Protection Standard. OSHA.
- Safe Work Practices for Shipbreaking [1 MB PDF*, 29 pages]. OSHA Guidance Document (Publication 3375-03),(2010).
- Gangway Safety in Marine Cargo Handling [124 KB PDF*, 2 pages]. OSHA QuickCard™, OSHA 3369-12N-09, (2009).
- First Aid in Marine Cargo Handling [52 KB PDF*, 2 pages]. OSHA QuickCard™, OSHA 3368-12N-09, (2009).
- Lifesaving Facilities in Marine Cargo Handling [71 KB PDF *, 2 pages]. OSHA QuickCard™, OSHA 3367-12N-09 (2009).
- Deck Barge Safety [741 KB PDF*, 36 pages]. OSHA Guidance Document (Publication 3358-01N), (2009, January).
- Spud Barge Safety [131 KB PDF*, 2 pages]. OSHA Fact Sheet, (2009, January).
- OSHA publishes Final Rule for Longshoring and Marine Terminals; Vertical Tandem Lifts.
- OSHA Safety and Health Injury Prevention Sheets (SHIPS)
- Rigging. (2011, April). Also available as a 2 MB PDF, 28 pages.
- Shipfitting. (2008, August). Also available as a 2 MB PDF, 20 pages.
- OSHA Products, Information and Guidance for the Longshoring and Marine Terminal Industries. OSHA, (2007, November). Also available as a 390 KB PDF, 2 pages.
- OSHA Products, Information and Guidance for the Shipyard Employment Industry. OSHA, (2007, November). Also available as a 143 KB PDF, 2 pages.
- OSHA Publishes Final Ergonomics Guidelines for Shipyards. OSHA. Also available as a 1 MB PDF, 52 pages.
Accessibility Assistance: Contact the OSHA Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300 for assistance accessing PDF materials.
*These files are provided for downloading.