Maritime Compliance Information
This page provides links related to OSHA's maritime compliance program.
- Office of Maritime Enforcement. OSHA Directorate of Enforcement Programs.
Provides a strategic and planned program to address occupational safety and
health enforcement for the maritime industries including comprehensive program
guidelines, policies, procedures, technical assistance, and information
- OSHA Products, Information and Guidance for the Shipyard Employment Industry. OSHA, (2007, November).
Also available as a 143 KB
PDF, 2 pages.
- OSHA Products, Information and Guidance for the Longshoring and Marine Terminal Industries. OSHA, (2007, November).
Also available as a 390 KB
PDF, 2 pages.
- Maritime Directives.
OSHA. Provides OSHA's operating procedures and ensure consistency within the agency.
- Maritime Standard
Interpretations. OSHA. Responses by OSHA to specific questions relating to OSHA interpretation of the requirements of a standard.
- Shipbreaking [102 KB PDF*, 2 pages]. OSHA Fact Sheet, (2001).
Provides information on the hazards
associated with shipbreaking.
- Review Commission and Administrative Law Judge Decisions.
OSHA. Provides written summaries of disputes about OSHA enforcement actions which are brought before the independent Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission for
a legal hearing.
- Maritime Crane Accreditation
and Certification Program. OSHA. Programs to accredit agencies
to certify lifting devices used in the maritime industry.
Accessibility Assistance: Contact the OSHA Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300 for assistance accessing PDF materials.
*These files are provided for downloading.