|<< Back to DTSEM Office Page
Cincinnati Technical Center
- Equipment Calibration and repair. Calibrates and repairs all technical equipment used by compliance officers to assess worker exposures to hazardous substances.
- Equipment Engineering. Develops calibration systems, procedures and evaluation protocols for technical equipment. Works with equipment manufacturers to incorporate new features or modify existing equipment to better meet OSHA's needs.
- Maintains Property Management Inventory System. Manages and maintains all information related to the annual property inventory.
- Coordinates Equipment Programs. Operates the Agency's programs to coordinate the use and purchases of equipment. These include a loan equipment program for unique equipment that an office might have limited use for; an excess equipment program, that allows an office to turn in equipment they are no longer using so other offices can have it; and a procurement program that coordinates equipment purchases for the Agency, which allows us to get volume discounts and calibrate any equipment prior to distribution. The Center also operates the agency's technical equipment strategic plan to better monitor the agency's equipment needs and ensure they are met.
- Arranges Compliance Officers' Forum on Equipment Evaluation. The center arranges two meetings in conjunction with professional society meetings to give compliance officers an opportunity to meet with center staff and discuss equipment needs and related issues.
435 Elm Street, Suite 500
Cincinnati, OH 45202-267320210