The following OSHA publications contain voluntary guidelines for employers and employees. The first is a short hazard alert with basic information. The second is a bulletin that is more comprehensive in nature. The third gives specific guidance on hazard communication. The final item is a poster listing some of the more common materials that can form combustible dust
- Firefighting Precautions at Facilities with Combustible Dust [PDF*]. OSHA Publication 3644-04-2013 (2013, April).
- Hazard Alert: Combustible Dust Explosions [PDF*]. OSHA Fact Sheet, (2008, March), 2 pages.
- Combustible Dust in Industry: Preventing and Mitigating the Effects of Fire and Explosion [PDF*]. OSHA Safety and Health Information Bulletin (SHIB) 07-31-2005, (2005, July 31).
- Hazard Communication Guidance for Combustible Dusts [PDF*]. OSHA Publication 3371-08, (2009).
- Combustible Dust --- Does your company or firm process any of these products or materials in powdered form? [PDF*] OSHA Poster, (2008), 1 page.
- Combustible Dust. Safety and Health material produced through OSHA Susan Harwood Training Grant Program.
Accessibility Assistance: Contact OSHA's Directorate of Standards and Guidance at (202) 693-1950 for assistance accessing DOC, EPS, GIF, MP4, PDF or PPT documents.
*These files are provided for downloading.