TEXT VERSION OF TITLE SLIDE:
- Do aging workers need special accommodations?
- A well-designed workplace benefits everyone
- Work stations and job tasks need to be matched to the capacity of each
- There should be no conflict between ergonomic principles vs. reasonable
- Are there any specific health and safety concerns related to aging workers?
- Older workers have fewer injuries, but when one occurs, that injury tends
to be more severe and it takes worker longer to get better.
- Injuries differ in older workers—there are more musculoskeletal injuries
(especially involving the low back)
- No consistent relationship between aging and work performance!