|<< Back to Concluded Regional Alliances - Region VII
ALLIANCE ANNUAL REPORT
Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the
Nebraska Office of Highway Safety
June 20, 2006 – June 20, 2007
I. Alliance Background
June 20, 2006
This Alliance establishes an agreement between parties (Nebraska Office of Highway Safety; OSHA;
Nebraska Workforce Development – OSHA Consultation) to promote and educate Nebraska employers about
roadway work zone safety by providing users with information, guidance and access to training
resources that will help them understand and appreciate the risks associated with roadway work
Training and education:
Outreach and communication:
- Develop and provide training and education programs focused on Nebraska fatalities, including
causes, preventive measures, and information related to these fatalities, particularly those related
to work zones and trucking terminals.
- Deliver or arrange for the delivery of training on roadway work zone safety and trucking terminal
safety, to be presented to Nebraska contractors and regulatory agencies.
- Inform businesses of educational products and services available to them to assist them in
complying with Federal and State safety and transportation obligations.
Implementation Team Members
- Develop information on the recognition and prevention of roadway work zone and trucking terminal
hazards and disseminate information through existing and developing technologies to other agencies,
contractors, trucking companies, and other interested stakeholders.
- Communicate information developed by the Alliance to affected stakeholders through presentations,
exhibits, or appearances at conferences, local meetings, or other similar events as opportunities
- Promote and encourage employer participation in OSHA’s premier cooperative programs such as,
compliance assistance, the Voluntary Protection Program, Consultation, and Safety and Health
Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP).
- Fred Zwonechek, Nebraska Office of Highway Safety, NOHS
- Douglas Fletcher, Compliance Assistance Specialist, OSHA
- Michael Connett, Compliance Officer, OSHA
- Bill Hetzler, Workforce Development, Consultation
06/20/2006 – 06/20/2007
II. Implementation Team Meetings
The implementation team met after each of the NOHS’s traffic safety Advocates Meetings which have
been held quarterly. The NOHS had scheduled a series of meetings in which each organization was to
discuss with the group their mission/charter and how it would fit with the rest of the member’s
efforts. The Advocates group is approximately 45 members strong. The meetings are well attended and
information is shared amongst the attendees.
On a quarterly basis, we check to see if the meetings are being attended, the number of attendees,
and how they are received.
III. Events and Products
Training and Education
- September 2006: Traffic Safety Advocates meeting: Lincoln, NE
- December 2006: Traffic Safety Advocates meeting: Lincoln, NE
- March 2007: Traffic Safety Advocates meeting: Lincoln, NE
- June 2007: Traffic Safety Advocates meeting: Lincoln, NE
|Type of Activity (Conference, Training, Print and
Electronic Distribution, etc.)
||Number of Individuals Reached or Trained
|Items sent via E-ring: 10
||10,000 email addresses of employers, unions,
Agencies, Associations, and stakeholders throughout the State of Nebraska
V. Upcoming Milestones
The Omaha Area Office will continue to support and attend the NOHS’s traffic safety Advocates
meetings as they are held through out the year. We are also going to be discussing other avenues to
disseminate information throughout the state.