|<< Back to Region I
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Progreso Latino and the Rhode Island Committee on Occupational
Safety and Health (RICOSH) recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to foster safer and more
healthful American workplaces. OSHA, Progreso Latino and RICOSH hereby form an Alliance to provide Progreso Latino members
and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them protect employees’ health and
safety, particularly in reducing and preventing occupational injury and illness to Hispanic workers.
OSHA, Progreso Latino and RICOSH will work together to achieve the following training and education goals:
OSHA, Progreso Latino and RICOSH will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Develop training and education programs about occupational safety and health rights and responsibilities;
- Deliver or arrange for the delivery of informational courses about hazards in the industries in where members of Progreso
Latino are commonly employed.
An implementation team made up of representatives of the three organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine
working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants. Team members will include
representatives from OSHA’s Providence Area Office, Progreso Latino’s United Workers Committee and RICOSH.
- Develop and disseminate information through print and electronic media;
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at Progreso Latino conferences and local meetings;
- Train OSHA and RICOSH personnel and industry safety and health professionals in workplace issues faced by the Hispanic
This agreement will remain in effect for one year. Any signatory may terminate the agreement for any reason at any time,
provided they give 30 days written notice. This agreement may be modified at any time with the concurrence of all
Occupational Safety and
Rhode Island Committee
on Occupational Safety and Health