|<< Back to Region I
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Konover Construction Corporation recognize the value of
establishing a collaborative relationship to foster safer and more healthful American workplaces. OSHA and Konover
Construction Corporation hereby form an alliance to use their collective expertise to help foster a culture of prevention
while sharing best practices and technical knowledge.
OSHA and Konover Construction Corporation agree to establish an Alliance to promote safe and healthful working conditions for
construction employees by:
OSHA and Konover Construction Corporation will also work together to achieve the following training and education goals:
- Providing Konover Construction Corporation members and employees of other companies within the construction industry with
information and guidance that will help them protect employees’ health and safety, particularly in reducing and preventing
exposure to falls, electrical hazards, scaffold and ladder usage and other hazards inherent to the construction industry.
- Increasing access to safety and health information and training resources.
OSHA and Konover Construction Corporation will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Develop training and education programs on safety and health issues.
- Deliver or arrange for the delivery of safety and health courses.
- Develop workplace safety and health curricula.
OSHA and Konover Construction Corporation will work together to achieve the following goals related to promoting the national
dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Develop and disseminate information at conferences, events, or through print and electronic media, including links from
OSHA’s and Konover’s Web sites.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at conferences, local meetings, or other events.
- Cross-train OSHA personnel and industry safety and health professionals in Konover Construction Corporation’s best
practices or effective approaches, as jointly determined by OSHA and Konover Construction Corporation.
- Promote and encourage Konover Construction Corporation’s participation in OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program,
Consultation, and Sharp.
An implementation team made up of representatives of both organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine
working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants. In addition, they will meet at least
quarterly to track and share information on activities and results in achieving the goals of the alliance.
- Raise others’ awareness of and demonstrate their own commitment to workplace safety and health whenever Konover
Construction Corporation leaders address groups.
- Share information on best practices, as jointly determined by OSHA and Konover Construction Corporation of Konover
Construction Corporation worksites with others in the industry through outreach by Konover Construction Corporation and
through OSHA-or Konover Construction Corporation- developed training programs and materials. Promote their implementation
through print or electronic media, at conferences, or by any other means.
- Perform case studies and publicize their results through print or electronic media, promotion at conferences, or other
means of outreach.
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on safety and health problems to help
forge innovative solutions to hazardous conditions in the workplace or to provide input on safety and health issues.
This agreement shall remain in effect for two years. Either signatory may terminate it for any reason at any time, provided
they give 30 days written notice. This agreement may be modified at any time with the concurrence of both signatories.
Agreed to this _______day of________________, 2003.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Konover Construction Corporation