<< Back to Concluded Alliances
(signed October 6, 2003; concluded October 6, 2005)
OSHA signs national Alliance with NETS October 6, 2003.
Through the Alliance, OSHA and NETS will work together to help reduce traffic collisions
and related deaths and injuries within the nation's workforce. OSHA and NETS will provide employers of all
sizes with access to information and training resources and share best practices and technical knowledge
regarding workplace traffic safety programs. The Alliance's goals include:
Outreach and communication:
- Share information on the best practices of NETS members/worksites with other employers through
outreach by NETS and through OSHA or NETS developed training programs and materials; as jointly defined by
OSHA and NETS.
- Work with OSHA's Salt Lake Technical Center to provide input on electronic assistance tools for
workplace traffic safety programs, including fleet safety programs.
- Provide employers of all sizes with access to information and resources,
through OSHA personnel such as OSHA's Compliance Assistance Specialists and
NETS states that can be used to create effective workplace traffic safety
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Work with other Alliance participants on specific issues and projects related to traffic and fleet
safety that are addressed and developed through the Alliance Program.
Alliance Annual Reports
Alliance News Releases
Activities and Events
- October 3-7, 2005: NETS Drive Safely Work Week 2005. NETS' Drive Safety Work
Week campaign will focus on driver distraction.
- September 29, 2005: 2nd Annual Drive Safely Work Week Employer Symposium, Baltimore Convention
Center, Baltimore, Maryland. This symposium focused on providing information to employers, from
both the public and private sectors, on how to reduce motor vehicle crashes and associated
injuries and fatalities.
- October 4-8, 2004: NETS Drive Safely Work Week 2004.
Products and Resources
OSHA Safety and Health Topics Pages