<< Back to OSHA National Alliances
(signed August 8, 2011)
Jordan Barab, Deputy Assistant Secretary, USDOL-OSHA, and members from the American Wind Energy Association sign a national Alliance agreement on August 8, 2011.
Through the Alliance, OSHA and AWEA will provide AWEA affiliates and others with information, guidance, and access to training resources that will help them 1) protect the health and safety of workers, particularly by reducing and preventing exposure to fall, electrical, and crane hazards, and 2) understand the rights of workers and the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act).
The Alliance's goals include:
Raising Awareness of OSHA's Rulemaking and Enforcement Initiatives:
- To share information on occupational safety and health laws and standards, including the rights and responsibilities of workers and employers.
Training and Education:
- To develop effective training and education programs for workers in the wind energy industry regarding fall, electrical, and crane hazards in maintenance and operations, and to communicate such information to constituent employers and workers.
Outreach and communication:
- To speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's or AWEA's conferences, local meetings, or other events.
Alliance Annual Reports
Activities and Events
- May 5-11, 2013: 2013 North American Occupational Safety and Health (NAOSH) Week. The American Wind Energy Association (AWEA) and a number of other Alliance Program participants support 2013 NAOSH Week. Sponsored annually by the American Society of Safety Engineers and the Canadian Society of Safety Engineering, the Week focuses on the importance of preventing injuries and illnesses in the workplace. 2013 Theme: "Worker Safety Works for Everyone."
- May 5-8, 2013: Windpower 2013 Conference and Exhibition, Chicago, Illinois.
- May 5-8, 2013: Region V OSHA staff at Alliance exhibit booth
- September 11-13, 2012: AWEA Best Practices Seminar, Elgin, Illinois.
- Presenters: Michele Mihelic, Manager, Labor, Health and Safety Policy, AWEA and other AWEA representatives. Presentation Name: AWEA-OSHA Training Program.
- June 3-6, 2012: WINDPOWER Conference and Exposition, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Region IV OSHA staff at exhibit booth.
- May 6-12, 2012: 2012 North American Occupational Safety and Health (NAOSH) Week. The American Wind Energy Association (AWEA) and a number of other Alliance Program participants support 2012 NAOSH Week. Sponsored annually by ASSE and the Canadian Society of Safety Engineering, the Week focuses on the importance of preventing injuries and illnesses in the workplace. 2012 Theme: "Safety, What Every Business Needs."
Products and Resources
Areas of Emphasis