|<< Back to General Safety and Health References
- Professional journals provide information on research, clinical
practice, prevention techniques, new hazards, and similar topics. A few
- American Industrial Hygiene Journal, published by the
American Industrial Hygiene Association.
- American Journal of Industrial Medicine, published by John
Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Annals of Occupational Hygiene, published by Elsevier Science
- Applied Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, published by
the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists, Inc.
- Archives of Environmental Health, published by Heldref
- International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health,
published by Springer Verlag.
- Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, published
by Williams & Wilkins.
- Journal of Toxicology--Clinical Toxicology, published by
- Occupational and Environmental Medicine (formerly British
Journal of Industrial Medicine), published by BMJ Publishing
- Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment, and Health,
published by the Finnish Institute of Occupational Health.
- Tables of contents, abstracts, and some complete journals are available
on line. Listings of these journals are provided by the following:
- Publishers of electronic versions of journals have begun to allow
academic subscribers to scholarly journals to have access to the
electronic version. In general you need to contact a university library
for additional information.
- The following sites provide searching of technical databases for papers
pertinent to a specific set of keywords. Many occupational safety and
health related journals are included in the databases.
NLM Gateway. National Library of Medicine (NLM), National Institutes of Health.
National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI).