Materials in Spanish
The materials listed in this section are offered as examples of Spanish-language
materials that are available on topics applicable to the poultry processing
industry. With the exception of the documents listed under "OSHA Publications,"
the Occupational Safety and Health Administration does not control
nor is it responsible for the accuracy (of fact or translation), relevance,
timeliness, or completeness of any of the listed materials. The inclusion
of any item is not intended to reflect its importance nor to endorse
any views expressed or products or services offered by the author,
the referenced material, or the organization producing the material.
Compliance responsibilities are set forth in OSHA standards and the Occupational Safety and Health Act. Moreover, because interpretations and enforcement policy may change over time, for additional guidance on OSHA compliance requirements, the reader should consult current administrative interpretations and decisions by the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission and the courts.
Copies of some of these publications can be ordered online or by telephone from the OSHA Publications Office.
- OSHA Job Safety and Health Poster (Póster Sobre Salud y Seguridad en el Trabajo). OSHA Publication 3165-02 2012R, (2012). [Español, 2 MB PDF, 1 page]
- Worker Rights: We Can Help [172 KB PDF, 2 pages] (Somos OSHA Podemos Ayudar). OSHA Publication 3419, (2011). [Español, 165 KB PDF, 2 pages]
- Worker Rights under the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (Derechos Del Trabajador Cubiertos por la Ley de Seguaridad y Salud de 1970) (also available as a 41 KB PDF, 2 pages]
- Information on the Hazard Communications Standard (Información Sobre Riesgos Normas de Cumplimiento). OSHA Publication 3116, (1989). [Español, 87 KB PDF, 31 pages]
- Chemical Hazard Communication (Informacion Sobre Los Riesgos de Los Productos Quimicos) [Español, 65 KB PDF*, 23 pages]. OSHA Publication 3117, (1989).
- Cold Stress Card (La Ecuación del Frío). OSHA Publication 3158, (1999). [Español, 21 KB PDF, 4 pages]
Selected Materials in NIOSH National Agricultural Safety Database (NASD)
Public Service Announcements
North Carolina Department of Labor; Bureau of Standards, Analysis, and Publications; Division of Occupational Safety and Health; 4 West Edenton Street; Raleigh, NC 27601-1092:
- A Guide to Safe Work Practices in the Poultry Processing Industry [English, 1 MB PDF, 38 pages].
- Guía de Protección Contra Caídas en la Industria (A Guide to Fall Prevention in Industry) [Español, 761 KB PDF, 50 pages].
- A Guide to Manual Materials Handling and Back Safety [English, 513 KB
PDF, 32 pages].
- A Guide to Safety in Confined Spaces [English, 335 KB PDF, 32 pages].
- A Guide to Electrical Safety [English, 1 MB PDF, 66 pages].
- A Guide to Forklift Operator Training [English, 1 MB PDF, 43 pages].
- A Guide to the Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout) [English, 409 KB PDF, 34 pages].
- A Guide to Personal Protective Equipment [English, 1 MB PDF, 28 pages].
- A Guide to Respiratory Protection [English, PDF, 54 pages].
Oregon OSHA Resource Center. 350 Winter Street, NE, Room 26; Salem, OR 97310:
Oregon OSHA AV Library has a number of Spanish-language videos that
it will lend, primarily to Oregon businesses and organizations but
occasionally to borrowers outside the state. Call 1-503-947-7453,
or toll-free in Oregon at (800) 922-2689. E-mail the AV Librarian.
- Download Videos has a downloadable interactive bi-lingual (English/Spanish) training program that contains nine training sessions. Includes materials on hazard identification, unsafe versus safe conditions/acts, and proposed corrective actions to implement.
Washington State Department of Labor & Industries, Training, Safety & Health Video Library; PO Box 44607; Olympia, WA 98504-4607:
- Washington State OSHA (WISHA) has a number of Spanish-language videos that it will lend in Washington only. The catalog can be viewed and/or ordered at Search Video Catalog Videos en linea has viewable or downloadable videos available.
Labor Occupational Health Program (LOHP); University of California; 2223 Fulton Street, Fourth Floor; Berkeley, CA 94720-5120:
de Instruccion Sobre la Salud y Seguridad: "Como Proteger a los Trabajadores
de los Peligros en el Trabajo" y "El Efecto de las Sustancias Quimicas
en el Cuerpo". (Health and Safety Training Kits: "Protecting Workers
from Job Hazards" and "How Chemicals Affect the Body"). Berkeley, CA,
Labor Occupational Health Program (LOHP), University of California,
and Southwest Network for Environmental and Economic Justice, 1996.
Labor Occupationl Safety and Health Program (LOSH); University of California
at Los Angeles (UCLA); 6350 B Public Policy Building; PO Box 951478; Los Angeles, CA 90095-1478:
"La Fuente Obrera." ("Workers’ Sourcebook"). A catalog of Spanish language materials
organized in 46 categories by industry or activity. UCLA-Labor Occupational
Safety and Health Program and Pan American Health Organization , 2nd edition in process.
National Chicken Council/National Turkey Federation Safety and Health Committee.
Developed by and available from Safe Systems of America, Inc.; 11408 Orchard Park Drive–Suite 316; Glen Allen, VA 23059:
Basicas de Seguridad para el Procesamiento Avicola." ("Basic Safety
Rules for Poultry Processing"). S.A.F.E. Systems of America, Inc.
United Food and Commercial Workers International Union, 1775 K Street, NW, Washington, DC 20006
- Important Facts about Musculoskeletal Disorders
Accessibility Assistance: Contact the OSHA Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at 202-693-2300 for assistance
accessing PDF materials.
*These files are provided for downloading.