Page last reviewed: 08/14/2007
- OSHA Alert: Loss of Start-Up Oxygen in CSE SR-100 Self-Contained Self-Rescuers [2 MB PDF*, 2 pages]. (2012, April). Alerts employers and workers using the CSE Corporation’s SR-100 Self-Contained Self-Rescuer (SCSR) to potential failure problems with these respirators.
- Permit-Required Confined Spaces in General Industry [53 KB PDF*, 2 pages]. OSHA QuickCard. Explains what workers should do before entering a confined space, such as an underground vaults, tanks, storage bins, silos or manholes.
- Confined Spaces in Construction; Proposed Rule. OSHA Federal Register Proposed Rules
72:67351-67425, (2007, November 28). OSHA is proposing a rule to protect employees from the hazards resulting from exposure
to confined spaces in the construction industry.
Employment. OSHA eTool. Confined and enclosed space
operations have a greater likelihood of causing fatalities, severe injuries,
and illnesses than any other type of shipyard work.
Construction. OSHA's Alliance Program. This is one of OSHA's Strategic
Management Plan Focus Areas.
- Construction. OSHA. A
Spanish version is also available. Helps workers identify and control the
hazards that cause serious construction-related injuries.
Confined space hazards are addressed in specific
standards for the construction industry. This section
highlights OSHA standards and the Regulatory Agenda (a list of actions being taken
with regard to OSHA standards) related to confined spaces.
Construction Industry (29
- For additional information on specific state plans or other general
standards, see the Confined Spaces page.
Hazards and Solutions
- For information on the hazards and solutions of confined spaces, see the
Confined Spaces page.
Related Safety and Health Topics Pages
Accessibility Assistance: Contact the OSHA Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300 for assistance accessing PDF materials.